More than 50 Foxes Getting Shot During the Day

mchughcb

Very good footage, and takes me back a few years ago, before the hunting ban came into force, hunting with a gun pack and 6 or 8 Petit Griffon Vendeen Basset dogs in Fishguard West Wales.

The most we shot in a day was 17 foxes and was amazed, as the local hunt had hunted the area 3 days before.

The land owner was over the moon when he saw what this little pack had accomplished.

We hunted for a few seasons with this pack and would always meet up in B&Q car park in Carmarthen every weekend, before going to our designated hunting area, which was all over West Wales.

If only we had mobile phones or shotcams, back then to film the footage.

15 hours ago, Old farrier said:

No shortage of them where you are 

hate to think how many you could get with a decent night vision set up on a rifle 

thanks for posting 👍😊

The places already spotlighted and shot with nightvision and poisoned. The paddocks are wet, sometimes steep and a many bush patches to run to. We get the foxes that are left.

17 hours ago, Gas seal said:

Hi plenty of foxes to shoot. I see you shot a few with TSS , I could see your wraps flying. How many shooters are out when you shoot fox. Do you have a season for fox, or are they classed as a (pest). They like running along the fences.

There are anywhere from 5 to 10 hunters. No legal season but generally we stop when its too hot and the snake come out. Snakes will bite the dogs and they die quick. They are classified as a pest and the government pays $10 per scalp. They generally run along anywhere that will conceal them during the day such as fences, drains or narrow strips of hedges.

19 minutes ago, Shambam1962 said:

Very good footage, and takes me back a few years ago, before the hunting ban came into force, hunting with a gun pack and 6 or 8 Petit Griffon Vendeen Basset dogs in Fishguard West Wales.

The most we shot in a day was 17 foxes and was amazed, as the local hunt had hunted the area 3 days before.

The land owner was over the moon when he saw what this little pack had accomplished.

We hunted for a few seasons with this pack and would always meet up in B&Q car park in Carmarthen every weekend, before going to our designated hunting area, which was all over West Wales.

If only we had mobile phones or shotcams, back then to film the footage.

Would have been great to see. Trust me, its not that easy trying to film and shoot - every week keeping the batteries full, mud and rain off the cameras.

1 minute ago, mchughcb said:

The places already spotlighted and shot with nightvision and poisoned. The paddocks are wet, sometimes steep and a many bush patches to run to. We get the foxes that are left.

A serious fox problem in the area by the sound of it 

judging by the fencing it’s a sheep area so it’s serious issue for the farmers at lambing time? 

Just now, Old farrier said:

A serious fox problem in the area by the sound of it 

judging by the fencing it’s a sheep area so it’s serious issue for the farmers at lambing time? 

Most of the places are actually dairy farms. So not an issue for sheep generally but more of a problem if they have chickens too.

On 15/10/2021 at 01:58, simon6ppc said:

Ye plenty shot in this, i suppose no one likes to see any misses or wounded ones but you quickly followed them up ye brilliant pest control.

The dogs are right up their tails, plus I have two of my own. All foxes are followed up quickly because each scalp is worth $10 on the government bounty. We are shooting about 10 a day so it adds up quickly.