Shotgun Certificate renewal

17 hours ago, BlaserF3 said:

Hello Gordon, I'm fine thank you hope all is well at your end. I asked for a Sec 7 but she said there is no need which I found a bit odd, as in the last fifteen years I have been given one as Cumbria are very overworked. A mate of mine is in the same situation with his renewal and he was told, like me that our records would be updated at Penrith.

Regarding using an app, I had no real idea what to do and was talked through it all the time. I'm not a big fan of smart phones 😬

Have just checked and my tickets expired on the 15th! 
My FEO told me I would receive a S7, so I’d better get on the phone! 

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

Have just checked and my tickets expired on the 15th! 
My FEO told me I would receive a S7, so I’d better get on the phone! 

I may forget my wife’s birthday but I am unlikely ever to forget when my licences expire.

Don’t your force send you reminders?

Edited by London Best

8 minutes ago, London Best said:

I may forget my wife’s birthday but I am unlikely ever to forget when my licences expire.

Don’t your force send you reminders?

My apologies. My fault for any misunderstanding.
I sent off my renewal application within days of renewal forms being received in mid August if I recall. 
I knew my tickets expired in October sometime and just assumed it would be the end of the month and not midway through. Having just checked them as I still have my ‘current’ ones which are now obviously expired, and found they expired on the 15th. 

I have just got off the phone to a very nice lady at HQ, who is going to send me a S7 ( as she pointed out I had applied in plenty of time ) and told me it should be with me in about a week. Sorted. 🙂

28 minutes ago, Scully said:

My apologies. My fault for any misunderstanding.
I sent off my renewal application within days of renewal forms being received in mid August if I recall. 
I knew my tickets expired in October sometime and just assumed it would be the end of the month and not midway through. Having just checked them as I still have my ‘current’ ones which are now obviously expired, and found they expired on the 15th. 

I have just got off the phone to a very nice lady at HQ, who is going to send me a S7 ( as she pointed out I had applied in plenty of time ) and told me it should be with me in about a week. Sorted. 🙂

Ahh! That makes more sense.  
On one renewal, many moons ago, when my licences hadn’t landed on the mat the day before expiry I called the office to tell them and pointed out that I would be requesting a S7. I was told quite sharply that Derbyshire did not issue S7’s. I said that in my case they would be doing from the next day. Both certificates arrived in next day’s post.

My new cert arrived this morning as was promised.

The Police are normally the ones who get stick about delays, but I have to say that any delay, albeit minor in my case, was down to the GPs practice.

Greater Manchester Firearms stuck to their timetable, prioritising renewals. I have always been happy with their commonsense approach and they are easy to talk to.  

• 2 weeks later...