Every picture tells a story.

JDog

Domestic chores kept me in until 2pm today. Veneered flooring has been cut into ready for a coir door mat. Skirtings needed to be refixed and caulk applied. Some Brownie points.

My first choice field which I have watched for three weeks was being cultivated, as was the second choice field which left me with a bean stubble elsewhere which had recently been cultivated. Clodhopper is incarcerated in hospital so I thought I would cheer him up by telling him that I was out but had forgotten my hide poles, hence the Heath Robinson hide shown in two of the pictures. He replied that I shouldn't run out of cartridges.

The other picture shows my empty cartridge bag after I had fired fifty shots in eighty minutes at a never ending stream of pigeons not really decoying but coming close enough to be in range.

Rough hide 1.jpg

rough hide 2.jpg

Empty cartridge bag.jpg

Far better than I did today. My recce showed birds on the ground in two fields and a flight line of crow.

In reality not a bird flying, not a breath of wind and with the exception of a few gulls following the plough not a bird flying. Not even the usual swifts darting about.

All but the field being ploughed are now showing little green shoots between 2" - 4".

No shots, home for lunch.