Rothiemurchus

JTaylor91

2 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Anybody have any experience with Rothiemurchus clay ground? I’m up in Carrbridge for a week the end of November and was thinking of going for an afternoon or two.

🖐️ My local ground. I try and shoot it 2-3 times a month minimum. It generally caters for all with a dedicated bit for beginners / stag do types, but they are still good to get warmed up on. There are roughly 12 stands of sporting and a new Compak setup which I really enjoy. They also change the birds a fair bit. Its not majorly expensive and they have Hull Sporting 100 / Hull superfast / Comp X to buy to save you trailing them all the way up. Saturdays can be busy, I prefer a Sunday morning. 

54 minutes ago, Cawdor118 said:

🖐️ My local ground. I try and shoot it 2-3 times a month minimum. It generally caters for all with a dedicated bit for beginners / stag do types, but they are still good to get warmed up on. There are roughly 12 stands of sporting and a new Compak setup which I really enjoy. They also change the birds a fair bit. Its not majorly expensive and they have Hull Sporting 100 / Hull superfast / Comp X to buy to save you trailing them all the way up. Saturdays can be busy, I prefer a Sunday morning. 

Thanks for the reply, we will try go through the week. Is there anywhere else in the area worth visiting?

21 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Thanks for the reply, we will try go through the week. Is there anywhere else in the area worth visiting?

In truth, not really. There are hardly any commercial shoots up here. Auchterhouse or Dunkled Clays are about the next closest good shoots. Dunkeld requires you to be caddied which I can't be bothered with as it adds to the cost for no real reason. 

41 minutes ago, Cawdor118 said:

In truth, not really. There are hardly any commercial shoots up here. Auchterhouse or Dunkled Clays are about the next closest good shoots. Dunkeld requires you to be caddied which I can't be bothered with as it adds to the cost for no real reason. 

No worries, Auchterhouse is about 2 hours so too far really. We will get a couple of afternoons in at Rothiemurcus. 

• 3 weeks later...