What electric blanket ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

Now that i'm an old boy i'm thinking of getting one of the above. So do i get an over or under blanket and what make ?.

I haven't started wetting the bed yet so i should be safe.

Thanks all.

We’ve just moved to an old bungalow in the woods so it’s a bit chilly. To stop my wife moaning about the cold as much, just got one of these

https://www.johnlewis.com/dreamland-sherpa-electric-underblanket/p5079414

You set a timer and heat level. I have to say it’s very nice 😀 Maybe I’m an old boy too (I’m 44!)

We have a 3.5 tog quilt / oversized napkin and sleep with the window open as my wife finds me very hot blooded in the night. We went to stay with a friend’s family in Ireland and their mam had put an electric underblanket on our bed without us knowing. It was like being on fire, had partaken in a few whiskeys and the fire was roaring so couldn’t work out what was wrong. Slept on the floor like a dog and found out in the morning. 

Having used both over-blankets and under-blankets, I prefer the under-blanket.  In cold weather, I use the underblanket with a 'winter grade' (i.e. thick) quilt and the room is unheated.  In summer it is washed and put away.  Yet to be deployed this season.

Once deployed, I normally use blanket to 'pre-warm' the bed and switched off when I go to bed.  Very rarely (and in very cold weather) I have used it later in the night if I have got cold.

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Put another dog on the bed its going to be cold tonight.

tottering_by_gently_card073_ba254e74-1aa0-4dd7-9eab-f0710d74fd2a_1024x1024.png

something not alot of people will admit to......i knew a certain gundog trailer and he classed dogs sleeping on beds in the same league as not wiping your bottom for a whole year....he thought it was bad form and plain dirty

what he didnt know is i knew his wife quite well ..and she always moaned about the number of dogs that were "allowed" to sleep on the bed........she didnt mind that so much ....it was the "blowing off" late at night that was the irritation:lol::sick:

The littles sleep with me. They are a great comfort.

The bigs sleep in the kitchen as they pester the sphynx cat who also sleeps on the bed.

27 minutes ago, ditchman said:

something not alot of people will admit to......i knew a certain gundog trailer and he classed dogs sleeping on beds in the same league as not wiping your bottom for a whole year....he thought it was bad form and plain dirty

what he didnt know is i knew his wife quite well ..and she always moaned about the number of dogs that were "allowed" to sleep on the bed........she didnt mind that so much ....it was the "blowing off" late at night that was the irritation

Don't need one , got a warm wife.  No.. No...we have tried electric blankets and now have a selection of thermal covers, from spring, summer through autumn to serious winter. Just add as necessary AND if necesary they can be thrown off if things get too warm. Certainly the electric underblanket can be too hot for me.