Fire it or bin it

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I opened it yesterday and was surprised at the amount of shot inside, must have been over filled. All I did was squeeze the cardboard roll and it all fell out.

Once out I was surprised at how strong the empty was with just the plastic liner still in place. 

It's a funny one, too much pressure during crimping, usually resulting in that sort of bulging down below base of wad where powder is, as section with wad is unsupported or have they used a 2.75 inch wad in a 3 inch hull and that is why there is a problem at top?

Just noticed that by size in mm on box, you are shooting No5.5 UK, their No7.5 (Uk No7) loading gives a lot more pellets in the pattern.

6 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I opened it yesterday and was surprised at the amount of shot inside, must have been over filled. All I did was squeeze the cardboard roll and it all fell out.

Once out I was surprised at how strong the empty was with just the plastic liner still in place. 

I’m assuming the bulge is at the extent of where the roll crimp die ends?
I’ve seen similar with the odd home loaded pistol cartridges; more than likely my own! 

12 hours ago, Centrepin said:

It's all a bit academic now but I would have sent a picture of it to the importer.  They would probably have been grateful for the batch details on the box. To check the production.  It could be just a rogue round but it could be a production problem.  They might have sent you a credit note to get more in place of them.