Is there anyhting more simple

Walker570

Just purchased a lamb from my neighbour and that included the liver and heart and kidney. My wife nipped into Aldi and got a nice piece of steak , cut it all up , added, chopped carrots, parsnips, celery and slices of potatoe with plenty of Tony C's seasoning.  Slow cooked for about five hours.   Delicious.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Crikey, how big was the pie?

Put two containers in the freezer for another day.  That sort of stew can only be done in quantity or it all goes dry and any excess freezes well

1 hour ago, 243deer said:

The liver and kidney from a freshly grassed deer along with a fresh free range egg or two from my chickens is my absolute favourite breakfast yet a lot of my mates give me the offal - have never understood why

Nothing beats frsh roe liver thinly sliced with bacon and sausage and eggs and hash browns for a hearty breakfast.

11 hours ago, 243deer said:

The liver and kidney from a freshly grassed deer along with a fresh free range egg or two from my chickens is my absolute favourite breakfast yet a lot of my mates give me the offal - have never understood why

That sounds disgusting. How can you eat all that........without bacon? 🙂

On 12/10/2021 at 17:57, Walker570 said:

Just purchased a lamb from my neighbour and that included the liver and heart and kidney. My wife nipped into Aldi and got a nice piece of steak , cut it all up , added, chopped carrots, parsnips, celery and slices of potatoe with plenty of Tony C's seasoning.  Slow cooked for about five hours.   Delicious.

On 12/10/2021 at 18:06, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Crikey, how big was the pie?

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

That's not stew with a bit of port added , it's port with a bit a stew added 😅

Mel, he doesn't do things by halves!

He filled one of his freezers with the left overs.

makes my eyes water just thinking about mincing that horseradish but you are correct, fresh horseradish sauce takes a lot of beating. Part of our old garden when I was a kid was devoted to growing horse radish just for that purpose.  My grandmother used to have me prepare it but with a grater and as said it still makes my eyes water.

Edited by Walker570