RIP BOB.

samboy

Hi gang.

Just had to have my 11 year old Whippet put to sleep. After being x rayed and having blood tests the vet said

it would be kinder to put him down. I'm sitting here sobbing like a baby. Never known grief like it.

Good job my Lurcher is here to help console me. 

22 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Just had to have my 11 year old Whippet put to sleep. After being x rayed and having blood tests the vet said

it would be kinder to put him down. I'm sitting here sobbing like a baby. Never known grief like it.

Good job my Lurcher is here to help console me. 

All the best Sam. 

He had a good life and you didn’t let him suffer. 

You can’t do much more than that for them. 

in my lifetime i have put all my dogs down   from the age of 14  its what rural people did        you have to step up and do the right thing when they need help they have a look i cant describe        but i recognise         and have had to help with  few others         i remember every one and non was easy    all searching for rabbits  or sniffing something      as neighbours trusted me      dont let them suffer             one shot           its hard              being asked can you take them for a walk      their last walk            i remember    every one            their last breath hunting rabbits                                        as vets distress and costs too much    £220 was the last quote for fatal jab        the money making  unmentionables     i cant stand town  vets  i am a farmers son   a caesarean on three  cow    would cover the cost  spaying of one  dog       town vets are robing ******** 

Edited by Saltings

Thanks for all kind replies. I got him when he was 3 and had him out every day. He had his share of rabbits.

Give it a couple of weeks and i will start looking for another Whippet. Not trying to replace Bob but they are great

little dogs. I think i would go crazy if i didn't have a dog. Still got my Beddy x Whip but he's 12.