Beretta A400 extreme plus not cycling

bushwakka

So just treated myself to an A400 extreme plus, took it out to put a few cartridges through it today. However it did not cycle any of the fifteen, 67.5mm 32g no 6s I put in it. Spoke with the gun shop  I bought it from and they said that I must put 2.3/4 (70mm) cartridges through it to make sure its not cycling properly before they will send it back to GMK or risk being charged carriage if it does cycle them when it gets tested with 2.3/4 cartridges. A bit miffed by this as I was hoping that I didn’t have to buy different cartridges n could use the same cartridges that I use in my Benelli m2. 
Never had this problem with any of the other semi’s I have had in the past. 
Am I expecting too much of this gun? 
Any advice or suggestions to help me out would be greatly appreciated. 

I shoot several hundreds of carts through one, on each on the 10 days I spend in Africa each year. They should work with pretty much any length of shell. There might be a preferance for 70mm and maybe the gun is designed for them but I would expect the smaller carts to work. The guns we use have minimum cleaning and are often caked in dust and grime. No problems. The A300 I use here is pretty much the same. 

If it's a new gun does it still need running in? I would not be looking for a problem after just a few carts. Come back when you have put the first 4 cases through it and let me know if there is an issue. 

The online Berretta manuals say 70mm but quite a few reviews say it will function with 65mm.

However, out of the box before the gun action is bedded in, it might not like them.

I would suggest running a box of 50g+ loads to fully work the action and springs and then a slab of  high energy (hard recoiling) 70mm 28g clay cartridge through it and then a full strip, clean and lube with wd40 or similar and then try the 65mm loads again.

2 hours ago, bushwakka said:

So just treated myself to an A400 extreme plus, took it out to put a few cartridges through it today. However it did not cycle any of the fifteen, 67.5mm 32g no 6s I put in it. Spoke with the gun shop  I bought it from and they said that I must put 2.3/4 (70mm) cartridges through it to make sure its not cycling properly before they will send it back to GMK or risk being charged carriage if it does cycle them when it gets tested with 2.3/4 cartridges. A bit miffed by this as I was hoping that I didn’t have to buy different cartridges n could use the same cartridges that I use in my Benelli m2. 
Never had this problem with any of the other semi’s I have had in the past. 
Am I expecting too much of this gun? 
Any advice or suggestions to help me out would be greatly appreciated. 

If the gun is new I think it needs a break in period I use beretta a400 excel with light loads on clays with no problems Usually beretta semi autos will cycle anything 

Thanks to you all that posted, excellent advice. It makes sense to run it in but was hoping I could get away with not having to do that. I will put some 70mm through it and see if that sorts it out. Will report back in due course, hopefully with good news. Cheers all the best 

Edited by bushwakka

7 hours ago, bushwakka said:

Thanks to you all that posted, excellent advice. It makes sense to run it in but was hoping I could get away with not having to do that. I will put some 70mm through it and see if that sorts it out. Will report back in due course, hopefully with good news. Cheers all the best 

I actually put 3 inch magnum through mine bout 25 at the crows doesn’t be long loosening up you should have no problem 👍