Tracker ????

Bigbob

Well 6 weeks after scrapping the pathfinder i gave up and bought a 15 plate Range Rover Evoque  supposed to pick it up on Friday serviced and Mot'd  phoned Churchill to insure it and i was told they wont insure it unless a tracker is fitted and running on it . I asked can i have another policy with a different quote and was told no . Got to phone the garage tomorrow to find out if there's a tracker fitted and running if not and i want to insure it with Churchill i will have to get one fitted and that means i wont get the car on Friday . I am going to phone Drect Line etc and see what they say and if a trackers mentioned  but for fully comp Churchills price does seem too good 

My car had a tracker fitted by the 1st owner - which I took on when I bought the car (via a main dealer).  (Made a one off payment for the time I own the car).

My insurer doesn't requite it - but does give me discount for having it.

They told me it depends on make/model (usually more likely to be needed on cars with poor security/high 'nickability') and the area (postcode) of the owner.

The problem with range rover’s and high spec landrovers is that they’re generally stolen to order by professionals (not Toerags on a joyride) and they’re in containers and gone within hours. As stated above very “nickname” they’re up high on the most stolen list both in the top 10 most stolen in 2020. 

as a side note, purely out of intrigue are they asking for it to be running 24/7 or activated if stolen? 

I got insurance with direct line £20 more than Churchill then at the very end she said i will just talk you threw the policy and although its not mentioned on the paperwork she said must have a tracker fitted . So i called my usual garage and he made a few calls and said nobody got back to me apart from this guy near you and we dont want to go to the main dealer as that will cost a arm and a leg .

So i still dont know how much it will cost but will find out on Saturday but they said put it up the drive and block it in LOL 

So much for me wanting a comfortable driving car with 4x4 capabilities i would of been better getting another truck  but i just didnt want something that big