RIP Jaket

gemini52

My wifes best friend has a boarder collie called jake,a few days ago they took him out for his walk ,and like many times before they threw a stick for him,he ran after the stick and it whent down his throat and pierced his heart,a sad day,for all the people out there that throw sticks for their dogs,please think again,its been a hard lesson for are friends.

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

That is the third time I have heard of a dog doing that. Each time a Collie.

My wife had a springer years ago called bracken, I wasn't throwing a stick for him rather was javelin style chucking a long branch away and he chased it, it stuck into the ground and he dived for the end of it. Into the mouth and jammed into his throat, the amount of blood was horrible. I nearly suffocated him jamming a towel down there to stop the blood and luckily he recovered. 

Lesson learned, when the dogs about don't throw anything that you don't want brought back!

Unfortunately this is not as uncommon as people would think happened to my sister's lab a few years back.

Last year my nephew's lurcher ., A cracking lamping dog on the bunnies,.. was full chat on the tail of a bunny and when she put her head down to grab it she hit a tuft off rush grass and instantly went AoverT and didn't get up . She'd broken her neck and passed on the spot ..

My nephew was gutted to say the least .... 

9 hours ago, hodge911 said:

Unfortunately this is not as uncommon as people would think happened to my sister's lab a few years back.

Last year my nephew's lurcher ., A cracking lamping dog on the bunnies,.. was full chat on the tail of a bunny and when she put her head down to grab it she hit a tuft off rush grass and instantly went AoverT and didn't get up . She'd broken her neck and passed on the spot ..

My nephew was gutted to say the least .... 

Few years ago I was out with a guy with his lurchers and although not the same outcome, his older dog got wrong footed and thumped its chest straight into a big lump of earth beside a burrow. The dog survived but I had never seen a dog being winded before, poor thing could barely stand up.