McPlant Burger

Smokersmith

3 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

Just shows what quality goes in the normal ones then! 

Was this an intentional trip out to try one or did you forget to take lunch to the office?

Not so according to a local Beef Farmer, McDonalds only buy the best Beef available to protect their reputation.

I was in ,Mac Donald's once and they had a list of the ingredients in all their products.

i don't eat red meat....haven't for 60 years. Beef burger.......beef and seasoning!

vegeburger?....it was like a list from Dr Bunsens lab, never had one since. May be tempted by this new offering though. Their coffee used to be ok, used to be free refills but I bet that has stopped

Vegetable burgers ,sausages etc cannot taste better than the real thing they are a imitation of the real thing.through additives they may taste similar but never better.beef is beef and cabbage is cabbage.mr packham and the like will be so happy that as you are all enjoying the veggie life no doubt you will stop shooting game now and go cauli hunting instead.😁

Edited by bostonmick

OK blindfolds on folks you will be doing a blind tasting of my hand made venison burger vs any commercially made burger, veggie or not. You will taste the difference although undoubtedly some of you, maybe even a majority, will prefer the concoction of chemicals brewed up by the food scientists as they are very good at what they do. Each to their own but personally I avoid commercially produced burgers and sausages.

On a forum such as this I would have thought folk would be promoting healthy, fresh, countryside produced, meat. It makes me wonder how many of you have ever put on a pair of wellies

1 hour ago, bostonmick said:

Vegetable burgers ,sausages etc cannot taste better than the real thing they are a imitation of the real thing.through additives they may taste similar but never better.beef is beef and cabbage is cabbage.mr packham and the like will be so happy that as you are all enjoying the veggie life no doubt you will stop shooting game now and go cauli hunting instead.😁

What’s the min reccommended calibre? 

14 hours ago, paulinlincs said:

Yep. It felt dirty admiting I preferred the veggie one. 

😂 Was at a function last weekend where real and veggie sausages were on offer. Of course I opted for the real thing, but the veggie ones did look good. 
I wouldn’t mind trying the veggie option, but it would mean trying two of the real thing for every one of the veggie option, just to redress the discretion. 🙂

2 separate subjects here:

McDonald's- my boy wanted one last night and the "burger" was laughable. Yes it may be just need and seasoning but it's about 3mm thick and pathetic.

Veggie stuff: I guess all the people criticizing just eat meat? No veg?

I'm definitely a carnivore, venison today, but some veggie options are ok. Had a vegan (yeah, I know!! But someone else bought it) "sausage" roll and it was actually really good. Not meat but I wasn't expecting meat. Couldn't live on it though.

Edd

On 15/10/2021 at 18:18, bruno22rf said:

Not so according to a local Beef Farmer, McDonalds only buy the best Beef available to protect their reputation.

Years ago , I worked in a slaughterhouse that supplied beef to McDonald's.  McDonald's had the very best quality beef ,  and I could never understand how they managed to turn such high quality beef into that cack that they hand over the counter.

20 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Years ago , I worked in a slaughterhouse that supplied beef to McDonald's.  McDonald's had the very best quality beef ,  and I could never understand how they managed to turn such high quality beef into that cack that they hand over the counter.

But you can visit 90% of the steak houses in most areas and be served worse "cack" at 3 times the price.

38 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

But you can visit 90% of the steak houses in most areas and be served worse "cack" at 3 times the price.

I can't disagree with that 👍.

Whilst driving home from Wales a couple of weeks ago ,  I said to my Mrs,  shall we stop at that steakhouse/grill place that we pass , and grab a burger . She fancied a burger as well , so she had a quick look at the menu on the net . The burgers were £25.00 each ( extra if you wanted fries and dips ), so I just kept driving.

I try very hard not to eat in any fast food outlets.  I don't believe I have ever been in a McDonalds and always found an alternative.  I make my own burgers and had a young chap and his lady come for a barbie this summer and he devoured three in quick succession saying he had never tasted better. 50% sirloin beef  50% muntie backstrap course ground one apple chopped  smoked bacon ground on the course setting with the beef and venison and seasoning salt and Tony C's Cajun mix.  Adding the apple keeps the burgers really moist.  I use a burger press and fill and compress to about an inch and a quarter thick.  Seared on the hottest part of the grill both sides then ease them back and cook till just pale pink. 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I try very hard not to eat in any fast food outlets.  I don't believe I have ever been in a McDonalds and always found an alternative.  I make my own burgers and had a young chap and his lady come for a barbie this summer and he devoured three in quick succession saying he had never tasted better. 50% sirloin beef  50% muntie backstrap course ground one apple chopped  smoked bacon ground on the course setting with the beef and venison and seasoning salt and Tony C's Cajun mix.  Adding the apple keeps the burgers really moist.  I use a burger press and fill and compress to about an inch and a quarter thick.  Seared on the hottest part of the grill both sides then ease them back and cook till just pale pink. 

The burgers sound devine 👍

I do not eat at MacDonald’s, KFC et cetera. Not out of principle I just find the food utterly disgusting. I also do not eat cheap sausages / cheap sausage rolls. My boys have never been to a fast food restaurant (or drunk a carbonated drink). I am not a health freak, I love bacon, sausage and egg butties (home cooked or from a reputable cafe using proper sausages). 

What I cannot understand however is: if you are going to go to the effort to make or buy fake meat surely you would look for something that replicated good quality meat rather than the grim offerings of a Gregg’s sausage roll or a Macdonald’s burger? 

40 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

What I cannot understand however is: if you are going to go to the effort to make or buy fake meat surely you would look for something that replicated good quality meat rather than the grim offerings of a Gregg’s sausage roll or a Macdonald’s burger? 

Erm … because they’ll sell millions of them and make a fortune … ?

The burgers that hit my BBQ have all been shot and minced by myself, but that doesn’t stop me keeping pace with a changing world and having a McBacon roll on the way back from the marsh.