DOCTORS SURGERY

DUNKS

Looks loke doctors are being forced to actually see patients in the flesh again. What a shock for them and the staff after so long being a closed shop.  Phone call to ours after a long Corvid tirade  advises that if you really are ill go somewhere else, 111 A&E or 999 but whatever you do dont come here! That's after making you wait an hour on the phone. Staff and doctors car park has always been full so they have all been in there. Perhaps running a card school. Our local surgery has  just been closed for a whole day "staff training" Perhaps teaching the new staff to brace themselves when real people start coming through the doors again.

7 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Did that Wednesday, mine's Tuesday.

Think yourself luck they answer the phone, last week I rang 21 times and they didn't answer so I went to the surgery.  It's like Fort knox to get in, and a hundred questions later I got in and asked why they don't answer the phone?

"We don't have the staff"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🤔🤔🤔🤔

I think that the foregoing comments only confirm the major failings of the NHS - a workforce of professionals, with a powerful union that Govt will not confront, the salaried members paid irrespectively of significant link to productivity, fat pension scheme, early retirement options, and part time employment availability -often after taking the previous. For those workshy drs the pandemic must have been a blessing in disguise.

Is it any wonder that those dedicated professionals in the system have become discouraged and succumbed ?

Hopefully the recent rumblings of government regarding BMA member productivity proceed to a meaningful redress of the problem issues ? Don't hold your breath as recent past history shows government will not take them on.

14 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

im actually scared of getting ill enough to need to see someone.

Don't be.

It's become quite clear that the people who are a pain in the ***** are the ones who get seen, see @TIGHTCHOKE's experience above.

Envy of the world my big fat....embarrassment amongst developed nations more like.  Maybe GP's refusing to see patients will finally wake people up to the fact that other countries manage to deliver better healthcare whilst spending less per capita.

I have been suffering with a really bad thigh up by my hip for two weeks. Phoned the Dr and had to wait for him to phone me back. Explained everything and he told me to go to A&E. So orft I toddles to A&E in my wife's electric wheelchair (because I can't walk due to the excruciating pain) and what a palaver.

First I had to wait OUTSIDE in a queue to see if I was eligible to see a doctor. I was then sent to another entrance 50yds down the building and had to fill in a form. I was then guided into a waiting room.........................where I waited........................for three hours

I was then seen by a nurse who asked what the problem was and then sent to a SUB waiting room.................................where I waited for another two hours.

I was then seen by a Doctor who sent me to Xray where I only had to wait for half and hour.

I went back to SUB wait where I waited for ANOTHER hour before being asked to go back to Xray because they wanted another picture; only a fifteen minute wait this time before going back to SUB wait for another half an hour. 

I was then called in to see the actual bone Doctor. Prodded and probed for twenty minutes or so and he diagnosed Bursitis and went off to see if he could get me in to see the Doctor who could give me an ultrascan and a steroid injection.

Came back and low and behold.............................because it was now almost 6 o'clock the ultrascan dept had all gone home, BUT!!!! he had made an appointment for me to go to their clinic...............................................ON 2ND NOVEMBER !!!!!

The whole system has gone down the toilet, and now HMG are trying to bribe our own GPs to actually do the job that they are being paid exorbitant sums of money do actually do in the first place.

100,000 foreign lorry drivers needed because we have a shortage, (apparently) and now I suppose we will be trying to import thousands of half-trained foreign Doctors who will be over the moon to come here and take over a GP practice and stick a on Band-Aid for £100,000 per annum.

Rant over

Edited by Graham M

1 hour ago, rovercoupe said:

One of the other half’s friends is a gp and she was bragging about all the lgbt courses and awareness courses she had been on, sounded like she had not seen any patients for months! 
im actually scared of getting ill enough to need to see someone.

That's similar to a friend of mine, she has just returned to position she held several years ago, rehabilitating sex offenders, and week one retraining is Kayaking lessons. 

I suffer from BCC "Basal cell carcinoma" Fearing I was developing another one on my head I managed to get through to a doctor who said "Could I email him a photo of it"?

I did and FOUR MONTHS later saw a consultant. THREE MONTHS after that I got an operation to remove it.  Surgeon sad next time dont leave it so long it makes his job difficult! You just could not make it up.

Edited by DUNKS

45 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

I suffer from BCC "Basal cell carcinoma" Fearing I was developing another one on my head I managed to get through to a doctor who said "Could I email him a photo of it"?

I did and FOUR MONTHS later saw a consultant. THREE MONTHS after that I got an operation to remove it.  Surgeon sad next time dont leave it so long it makes his job difficult! You just could not make it up.

I was asked to photograph part of my body by the receptionist and stated that it wouldn't show what I was worried about.

She gave in and booked me a telephone chat with the Doc who is seeing me on Monday.

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I was asked to photograph part of my body by the receptionist and stated that it wouldn't show what I was worried about.

She gave in and booked me a telephone chat with the Doc who is seeing me on Monday.

Kinky receptionist?? Perhaps she had heard about you!

As usual I always end up feeling sad for the few real triers in the professions criticised?

The malaise is everywhere, shirking, ducking and diving has filtered down from the very top?

I had a spell with a local authority once when  engineering collapsed and I needed a job to feed my family. Going in from industry was an eye opener I wish had been denied me. Soured my view forever.

Judging by recent interactions with planning, roads and environment it's thriving still. Frighteningly simple things seem impossibly wreathed in secrecy.