MP Sir David Amess stabbed to death

TRINITY

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

All of the above, however by now, the silence from the left is deafening.

Not quite true, Starmer's already made a statement and there have been plenty of others doing likewise independently. This isn't a day to look for any political fodder, from either side. 

Unspeakably cruel act and could threaten a critical part of an MP's job, that of direct access to the electorate. 

Thoughts are with his family at this time. 

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

It seems the Counter Terrorist Command will be leading the investigation.

it has been reported by the local paper that the assailant is a Somarlian national...

now being reported as british born to somarli parents ......

Edited by ditchman

“The fatal stabbing in Leigh-on-Sea has tonight been declared as a terrorist incident, with the investigation being led by Counter Terrorism Policing," the force said. 

“The early investigation has revealed a potential motivation linked to Islamist extremism."

…from the BBC

On 16/10/2021 at 08:35, Walker570 said:

Exactly the politicians have blood on there hands and it will not get any better . They keep letting them in.

Sadness, thoughts going out to the family etc etc but it'll be tomorrows chip paper because nothing gets done about it. 

This country was built on the social culture of Britons and our police force, hospitals etc were designed with our way of life in mind.

I've never got my head around the reason for letting so many different cultures into this country that have no respect for the way we do things and to compound the error, we've allowed these various cultures to congregate in ever bigger numbers in areas that have grown so big that we've allowed them to establish THEIR cultures in OUR country which has absolutely trashed any idea of their integration into our way of life.

The genie is out of the bottle now but if we don't get a grip on this now it's only going to get worse.

5 minutes ago, toxo said:

The genie is out of the bottle now but if we don't get a grip on this now it's only going to get worse.

There are (in my view) two issues to address;

1. Where individuals are 'flagged' as being at risk of being radicalised/dangerous - something needs to be done - and that may mean taking them out of general public circulation - in effect - told to go elsewhere - or be locked up.  It is to protect the innocent.
  2. Those (and I understand in this case the well known radical preacher, Andjem Choudray who has in the past been locked up was involved) who preach hate and violence need to be expelled.  They don't like this country, preach against it and it's citizens and they should get out or be thrown out.

But two additional relevant points;

1. The vast majority of immigrants are as horrified by this as we are.  Sir David Amess was popular with all sections in his constituency
  2. The politicians who preach hate (calling other parties scum, calling for Ester McVey to be 'lynched' etc.) need to be sacked NOW.  It is examples of hate like that that allow the hate culture to flourish.  Sir David was in fact a personal friend with many from ALL parties.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

There are (in my view) two issues to address;

1. Where individuals are 'flagged' as being at risk of being radicalised/dangerous - something needs to be done - and that may mean taking them out of general public circulation - in effect - told to go elsewhere - or be locked up.  It is to protect the innocent.
  2. Those (and I understand in this case the well known radical preacher, Andjem Choudray who has in the past been locked up was involved) who preach hate and violence need to be expelled.  They don't like this country, preach against it and it's citizens and they should get out or be thrown out.

But two additional relevant points;

1. The vast majority of immigrants are as horrified by this as we are.  Sir David Amess was popular with all sections in his constituency
  2. The politicians who preach hate (calling other parties scum, calling for Ester McVey to be 'lynched' etc.) need to be sacked NOW.  It is examples of hate like that that allow the hate culture to flourish.  Sir David was in fact a personal friend with many from ALL parties.

Good post.

It is high time that the Police and CPS got to grips with the likes of Andjem Choudray, who preach this nonsense. They appear to try to find a way not to take action rather than think if there is any possible offence.

I trust Angela Rayner is hanging her head in shame, but I suspect not. Calling all Tories scum is preaching hatred in my book and this applies to any politician using similar descriptions of whatever party.

19 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

It is high time that the Police and CPS got to grips with the likes of Andjem Choudray, who preach this nonsense. They appear to try to find a way not to take action rather than think if there is any possible offence.

I trust Angela Rayner is hanging her head in shame, but I suspect not. Calling all Tories scum is preaching hatred in my book and this applies to any politician using similar descriptions of whatever party.

+1 on both paragraphs.