Monobloc sink tap - cartridge replacement

RockySpears

Morning folks.  I am sure I know what to do, but doing it does not work.

Dripping bathroom sink tap.

Lift and twist type, left is hot, right is cold.

Drips via spout not around body.

So, water off, hot and cold isolators, little cap off tap to get to grubscrew, handle off.

Domed ring unscrewed.

Brass retaining nut off.

White plastic lever in blue cartridge should just lift out and change for new cartridge.

Not a chance, every video I have looked at shows the cartidge just lifting out of the body, it even looks to be this same cartridge in the one below.

Is it possible the cartridge is secured from below somehow?  I can't imagine it is as this would present opprtunities for leaks and you would have to remove the tap entirely to change the cartridge.  I am using about as much force as I can and no luck.  The cartridge is "loose" side to side and so I can only imaging it is "stuck" to the tap at its base.

Do I just be brave, drill through the lever and put a bar through to give me more leverage or is there some plumbing magic I am missing?

This video is identical to my situation:

Thank you,

RS

1 hour ago, RockySpears said:

So it is drill and lever bar?  I really have pulled as hard as I can on the white plastic lever.  Why is nothing ever like the YT video!

RS

I had a similar problem with a tenants shower, the plumber I use was busy but he said " just give it some welly it will go"

It did 👍