Idiots buying cars

hodge911

Had a guy come Saturday to look at the Audi .... Great 

He turned up on time .. great 

But if you go to view a car would you come on your own adult wise but then bring your 2 month old baby and your 2 yr old son with you . Or would you arrange to bring another adult or at a time when someone could look after the kids ??.

He asked if he could take it for a test drive I told him it didn't have any child seats fitted his reply was "that's ok I'll leave the kids strapped in my car the baby's asleep and I'll jus give him my phone with YouTube on " so he put toddler into his car locked the doors and handed me the keys 😏.

He was away for round about 10 mins came back and said there's a problem with the g/ box . 

Now that really pressed my buttons as the car is faultless .

He said he'd take a gamble on it but would only offer me £800 below my asking price 🤬😡🤬😡. I told him to take me in car and show me what he meant .

The flippin idiot was trying to put the automatic transmission into tiptronic mode and get into 7th gear going up hill at 30mph.....

So when we got back I politely told him if he was going to buy a car he should know how to use the bloody thing properly ... And that the offer he made was a joke .....

He left saying I'll get back to tomorrow if it doesn't sell I'll buy it .

I was hard to not let fly but I managed to keep calm so he couldn't play the racist card as he was of eastern European decent ....

Yesterday a lad came drove the car checked it over and we agreed on a price £150 below my asking price ....

He messaged me this morning saying he drove the car the 80 Miles home and it was a dream to drive and used next to no fuel .... 

2 hours ago, hodge911 said:

He asked if he could take it for a test drive I told him it didn't have any child seats fitted his reply was "that's ok I'll leave the kids strapped in my car the baby's asleep and I'll jus give him my phone with YouTube on " so he put toddler into his car locked the doors and handed me the keys 😏

I learned the hard way long ago, Never, under any circumstance let someone test drive your car without you being in attendance. 

In my case the bloody idiot burnt out my clutch by riding the pedal, resulting in clutch judder. Needless to say, the so-and-so denied all knowledge of it despite the fact you could smell the burning, and that's not to mention the oily fingerprints left on the roof lining.  

I had an idiot come to buy my Healy Sprite. I went with him on the test drive. He drove it as if he was trying to break it. After half a mile when he didn’t stop when asked I switched the ignition off and told him it was still my vehicle and nobody drives it like that. I drove back home and he still gave me a deposit and said he would collect the following week. Five days later he phoned to say he was unable to borrow the rest of the funds and he would like his deposit back. Guess what?  Obviously I kept it.

Update.,

The idiot from Saturday messaged me today saying 

Is the car still available if so I'll give you £1600 and take a gamble on it 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬.

I took great pleasure in replying telling him that it was sold for £2100 and the new owner loves it 😂🤣😂🤣

4 hours ago, Tonka54 said:

I learned the hard way long ago, Never, under any circumstance let someone test drive your car without you being in attendance. 

In my case the bloody idiot burnt out my clutch by riding the pedal, resulting in clutch judder. Needless to say, the so-and-so denied all knowledge of it despite the fact you could smell the burning, and that's not to mention the oily fingerprints left on the roof lining.  

This ^^^^^ they mostly will not have insurance either so even more reason not to. 

When I sold my Range Rover I had a muppet look round it, test drive it, then despite it having 12 photos on the advert tell me the colour was too "blue" although it was faultless.

When he asked for another test I declined. It wasn't going to make it less blue.

Getting older I no longer tolerate stupid. Life's too short. 

• 2 weeks later...