Jump to content

Cazoo warranty


Recommended Posts

 As cazoo are a dealer I'm guessing they must offer you your statutory rights, never seen a warranty worth the paper it's written on. Why buy from a dealer and have to pay for the first years warranty.

Edited by bruno22rf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

 As cazoo are a dealer I'm guessing they must offer you your statutory rights, never seen a warranty worth the paper it's written on. Why buy from a dealer and have to pay for the first years warranty.

But they are selling four years warranties too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick scan over their warranty terms - they will not pay disassembly costs, so I guess if your clutch goes they will charge you to strip it down before deciding if the part (plate or thrust bearing) is covered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

 As cazoo are a dealer I'm guessing they must offer you your statutory rights, never seen a warranty worth the paper it's written on. Why buy from a dealer and have to pay for the first years warranty.

How many second hand cars come with a years warranty if they are out of the manufacturers warranty?

I paid 30k for my last car and didn't get a years free warranty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

How many second hand cars come with a years warranty if they are out of the manufacturers warranty?

I paid 30k for my last car and didn't get a years free warranty.

Varies wildly but on a 30k car your statutory rights would give you, in most cases, a year. You are covered by the 2015 Consumer Rights Act. A manufacturers warranty is always little more than an add on compared to your legal Rights as a buyer if you buy from a dealer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Can you explain what you mean please 🤔

Your buying nothing. Its money in the dealers pocket that's all.

Look what's covered, almost nothing that a routine service doesn't pull up.

You maybe covered for, maybe a clutch plate or similar but not labour, so you go to where they tell you and labour is twice the price of normal so you end up paying anyway.

You need to really look at the fine print of these contracts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Your buying nothing. Its money in the dealers pocket that's all.

Look what's covered, almost nothing that a routine service doesn't pull up.

You maybe covered for, maybe a clutch plate or similar but not labour, so you go to where they tell you and labour is twice the price of normal so you end up paying anyway.

You need to really look at the fine print of these contracts.

It makes you wonder if they are as bad as that how they get away with selling them🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...