FedEx

ShootingEgg

So had a delivery today, get a notification at 15:45 to say failed attempt, no knock at the door, no card. Called them to say it's a lie and where is the driver. Get told they'd contact for a re attempt. Then at 16:15 I get told it's been delivered and I've signed for it. I was at the time sat in the kitchen talking stalking with a friend with a brew .. utter shambles . 

I occasionally get similar, I offer to send them CCTV coverage of all aspects of my property and road. They soon change their attitude. Last time this happened I had a knock on the door several hours later and the driver pushed my parcel at me and said "here, hope your bloody satisfied now"

I just laughed and emailed the company the clip of him handing it to me, with audio😁

Worth the outlay of the CCTV.

I had a FedEx parcel, email to say no one was in. I called and explained that it is an office and we have staff in all day. They then said there was no one in at the safe place address, I said ok but they were in the main address. I offered to drive and pick it up as it was an important parcel (goose decoys). They eventually relented and brought it for delivery as the van was going past later that day anyway. 🙈

I appreciate it is a company and they need to run to a tight schedule to make a profit in a competitive marketplace.... but sometimes it is better to admit a mistake quickly rather than fight a losing wicket. They damaged their reputation and also their punctuality. 

This most often happens when couriers are delivering as part of a contract for national firms who sell online.  The reason the couriers falsely log it on their system as delivered is to meet their KPIs (key performance indicators) which must achieve a minimum standard in order for them to not get booted off the contract.  I think their intention when doing this is to deliver it the next day hopefully when they've got one or two more drops in the very near vicinity, in order to save time and cost.  People in rural locations will suffer from this the most because the courier might not have any other drops in the area that day.  This tactic is well practised in multi-drop logistics, they know they'll cop some flack from the end customer but as long as the complaint doesn't escalate back to the company whose contract the courier is fulfilling they'll get away with it - because most people cease moaning as soon as they've got their parcel.

Edited by Jim Neal

12 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

This tactic is well practised in multi-drop logistics, they know they'll cop some flack from the end customer but as long as the complaint doesn't escalate back to the company whose contract the courier is fulfilling they'll get away with it - because most people cease moaning as soon as they've got their parcel.

Great point 👍