Another wind too good to miss.

JDog

This morning I woke feeling particularly groggy with a sore left arm where the Covid-19 booster jab was inserted yesterday. I could have felt sorry for myself (in reality I did) but after dropping my brother off at the train station I went out looking for pigeons, or rather a flight line of pigeons as I didn't feel up to carrying lots of kit.

Over last weekend despite the rain quite a lot of drilling had been done and that is what the pigeons I saw were feeding on. One farm near home had drilled and the pigeons were feeding on it and flicking over the road and down to a small spinney in the valley bottom to digest the protein. I headed for that spinney with a net and hide poles.

A single bird came first and was shot which resulted in a great number heading from the fields towards my spinney. The wind at this stage was 25 mph at least. The shooting was pretty frantic for two hours and I shot until my cartridge bag was empty. The pick-up was twenty seven pigeons.

Salters Lane Wyham..jpg

Empty bag plus pigeons..jpg