No Time To Die

wymberley

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

I like em but I am weird! Jlr product placement at its best most will have been fully caged internally as well !

atb Agriv8

Again LR have produced a nice Car. Not a utility type vehicle. I just can't see farmers/gamekeepers loading livestock or food stuffs in tge back after spending "How much" 

Maybe why everyone switching to Toyota and the Army to Pinz.

Huge missed opportunity by LR.

my youngest  lad does the body work and repaints the exhibition vehicles  for Geneva and others   events   with others   blokes             and film vehicles          has worked on the above vehicles      now  in his early 20      im hoping  he can go forward to  to develop paint  processes       he has the passion  and drive  to teach  new methods  

It's weird seeing someone set to a brand new car with a hammer and chisel to match the dings on all the others ones for continuity.

Good film but it seems that JLR products roll over far too easily for my liking (and I was behind a Discovery today which looks like it was designed in a fairground mirror)

15 hours ago, Walker570 said:

They really do have a nerve even using the title Land Rover in my view.  The real Land Rovers died when the Defender was discontinued and the Mk1 Rangie was also terminated although by then it had also become a Chelsea Tractor internally.

Never mind. JLR is also about to shoot themselves in the foot by going all electric which will kill their US sales dead, and, as many of the Chelsea school run mums don't have off street parking & charging, the only market left for Land Rover will be China. 

20 hours ago, Westward said:

Never mind. JLR is also about to shoot themselves in the foot by going all electric which will kill their US sales dead, and, as many of the Chelsea school run mums don't have off street parking & charging, the only market left for Land Rover will be China. 

Interesting hot-take, but given how JLR have massively increased their sales thus far by going all 'chelsea tractor', I'd expect their S&M department would have researched this in great detail, no?

As for EVs not being appealing to the US market, on what planet exactly?  The US is gobbling up EVs at quite the rate -admittedly skewed towards both coasts, but then I'd suggest that's where most of JLR's sales are anyway?  Even Ford now does an all electric F-150.  Not noticed particularly poor sales of that.

The biggest risk to the US Market, as ever is reliability issues and dealer aftercare, where JLR aren't exactly excelling.

Bares repeating: All those bemoaning the demise of the Defender and 'proper' Land Rovers invariably aren't the people who buy new vehicles!  You cannot as a car manufacturer design a vehicle to appeal to the second-hand market.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Bares repeating: All those bemoaning the demise of the Defender and 'proper' Land Rovers invariably aren't the people who buy new vehicles!  You cannot as a car manufacturer design a vehicle to appeal to the second-hand market.

That, Sir, is a very good point.