Probably the best all round 4x4 pickup out there

Harnser

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Much as I've been a Landy man for all my life I've got to say that my sons Hilux pickup 21 plate takes some beating. Superb vehicle.

Take a look at what gamekeepers and people who work off road now use. Very little Landrovers to be seen. Almost exclusively Toyota.

RIP Landrover

Vehicle of choice for the Taliban. 

When I had a job driving surveyors around on the M6, we had Defender 90’s for the job, until one day a Hilux pick up was dropped off. The level of comfort and extras as standard was amazing. It then became a race to get to work first…..first one there always got the Hilux! 🙂

Nephew has an L200, but says it’s only because he can’t afford a Hilux. 
I have a 110 XS, mate has the crew cab, which I would prefer but wasn’t practical for work, but all the keepers I know have the Hilux. 

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

why cant you drive them in 4 wheel drive on the road? my l200 could 4 wheel drive on the road.

Becauase the L200 uses the same drivetrain setup as a Defender. It's the only pickup which does so is the only one which can/could be run on the main road in 4wd in Hi box. The rest use a simpler straight drive set up - so the steering becomes very heavy and limited, and you get excessive wind up if you try to go fast

7 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

That’s beautiful 

I like them.  I really want a Hilux but unfortunately our American overlords tell us they are not up to our crash test standards (motorcycles are though) so this are the closest thing Americans can get.  Very reliable, 22-24mpg out of the 4x4 version.  It will comfortably tow anything I need it to.  I take my Kubota to the mountains regularly.  

AF41F860-4DC8-4E18-A2A4-CEF2A6BDB912.jpeg

C502B161-5E23-4C8C-9E75-60AB833417F5.jpeg

13 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Perhaps if you read the whole post again it’ll make sense 🤔

he’s implying that the fact that you can’t get a new one is the problem 🤭

Think it's you who needs to re-read, not Billy

The question was can you run a Hilux in 4wd on the road. The reply was no, (but you can buy one new)...

Billy is asking why can't you run the Hilux on the road in 4wd, as he can do this with his L200.

On 21/10/2021 at 13:51, al4x said:

Nope but you can at least by a new one……. That’s the only thing that’s wrecked the L200

Need to be quick if you want a new one before 2023, the UK quota for 2022 is spoken for up until September. Info from the dealer I've one on order from, they phoned me yesterday to give me an update on mine.

14 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I like them.  I really want a Hilux but unfortunately our American overlords tell us they are not up to our crash test standards (motorcycles are though) so this are the closest thing Americans can get.  Very reliable, 22-24mpg out of the 4x4 version.  It will comfortably tow anything I need it to.  I take my Kubota to the mountains regularly.  

AF41F860-4DC8-4E18-A2A4-CEF2A6BDB912.jpeg

C502B161-5E23-4C8C-9E75-60AB833417F5.jpeg

Hell Of a setup. Fills me with envy. I just have to settle for my Ranger