Stags head antlers...miniature...

gamekeeper1960

Hi All have been working on this hares head stick topper..but I have a question for anyone else who's into stick making...

I've been asked to have a go at a red deer stags head ..my question is what to use as the antlers...I'm not majorly worried on the head and if I was asked to do a hind ...would be so much easier...

Any help would be appreciated..

Cheers David. 

20211019_234408.jpg

20211019_234355.jpg

15 minutes ago, holloway said:

I think getting a hares head to work as a stick handle and look good is not easy ,you are doing a brilliant job so far ,as to a red deer stags head ! Good luck with that I have no idea how you would go about it but I would love to see the finished article.

Cheers Holloway, I'll keep you posted actually my Mrs has come up with a very novel idea... I'm now looking out for a stag Christmas tree ornaments.... might be a good idea..🤔

I like thew way you have kept the hare's ears back and practically flat - makes the stick handle very coomfortable for the  user.

I'd imagine the problem with putting antlers on a head is the fact that it could make the stick very uncomfortable to use.

You may have to copy your hare design and incorporate the anthers into the stick...something like this  - 

Deer wooden cane Hand carved handle and staff Style walking image 1

or this

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

Edited by J.R.