12 v tyre inflator any recomendations

mrpip

I don't know if the one I bought fit all your requirements but the one I bought off Ebay was a General Motors one , mine was like and cost about £15 plus postage , it screw onto the tyres valve and pump the tyre up in no time , very happy with it plus it is not to big and fit into the spare wheel space.

This is the one that I keep in the car. It`s a Michelin DPS (Digital Power Source) and works well. Coincidently, I had to use it only yesterday as, due to the sudden drop in temperature, a warning light came on indicating that the front offside tyre was under inflated. This has happened in the past when the drop in temperature obviously drops the pressure slightly, but enough to set off one or more of the sensors. I think that I paid £25 for it and it`s quite reassuring to have it on board.

OB

IMG_2254.JPG

I am a massive fan of the Makita 18v Range. Massive fan. Once you make the investment into a set of batteries you never look back.

I have the lawnmower, hedge trimmer, strimmer, 2 of the hoovers, a site hoover, the sliding compound mitre saw, reciprocating saw, orbital sander, power file, car polisher, chainsaw, angle grinder, skill saw, jigsaw, hammer drill, impact driver, radio, multi tool, lamp and most recently the digital tyre inflator (upto 120 psi).

The digital tyre inflator is the most handy bit of kit ever; I could drone on and on about how good this kit is and how handy the inflator is but just look at the Amazon reviews.

D10F3709-10E1-4529-866E-7ACCE0D5F23F.jpeg

Edited by Mungler
Forgot the reciprocating saw

Definitely buy one of the ones recommended above, 80 psi will overheat and kill any of the cheap ones, I got a all metal one for under £30 when maplin closed down and it will just about do a 15” 4x4 tyre without getting too hot so anything more and spending the extra will ensure you don’t buy twice. 

oh and cigar lighter ones will probably blow the fuse so go straight for one that clips onto the battery.

All, thanks for your replies, done a lot more reading online since posting and your comments and recommendations have been useful. I now know that I will need to go via the direct to battery route looking at the tmax and ring900 at present, once again cheers

I like the T-Max.

The key figures are the amount of air in Ltr/Min. The T-Max is 160Ltr/Min @ 0psi and 70Ltr/Min @ 30psi

It takes a few minutes to pump up a Landrover tyre from flat and around a minute to go from 15psi to 35psi (off to on-roaf pressures). I does need 45Amps so should be connected directlt to the battery and have the engine running when inflatinbg. I also use a separate gauge as the supplied one isn't that accurate.

Vevor also do one which is very similar but red not yellow.

On 22/10/2021 at 19:11, Mungler said:

I am a massive fan of the Makita 18v Range. Massive fan. Once you make the investment into a set of batteries you never look back.

I have the lawnmower, hedge trimmer, strimmer, 2 of the hoovers, a site hoover, the sliding compound mitre saw, reciprocating saw, orbital sander, power file, car polisher, chainsaw, angle grinder, skill saw, jigsaw, hammer drill, impact driver, radio, multi tool, lamp and most recently the digital tyre inflator (upto 120 psi).

The digital tyre inflator is the most handy bit of kit ever; I could drone on and on about how good this kit is and how handy the inflator is but just look at the Amazon reviews.

D10F3709-10E1-4529-866E-7ACCE0D5F23F.jpeg

Agree 100%. I’ve got most of what you’ve said above in my armoury…..once you’re setup with 4 or 5 batteries the body’s themselves are incredibly good value for money in my opinion and last well! 

Choices choices really. I have a really cheapy pump I purchased amny moons ago and it has helped out a number of times but only probably a dozen in 20 years. These pumps are for emergencies and take up very little room in the boot. I don't know if I would spend a huge amount of money though.  My cheapy one blew up a flat on a trailer with 2 tons of slabs on board. Took a while but it got there and saved us a lot of trouble.  You spends your money how you wish but there are a lot of choices out there.

6 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Agree 100%. I’ve got most of what you’ve said above in my armoury…..once you’re setup with 4 or 5 batteries the body’s themselves are incredibly good value for money in my opinion and last well! 

They are ‘the way’.

Once you Makita you never go back 😆

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

They used to say that about Dewalt and Snap On. Nowadays the trend is towards Milwaukee.

Good stuff, but I wouldn’t say the trend is towards it when compared with how many people run Makita kit…..it’s hard to make the switch once you’re in. 
Pushed well by Screwfix though and good value for money if you were starting out! 

HEAVY DUTY POWERFUL 300psi 12V ELECTRIC CAR TYRE INFLATOR AIR COMPRESSOR PUMP 5038673812021 | eBay         i carry one of these  only used twice  and one of these    and one of these Motorcycle/Car Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit 10 Strip Tool Tire Plug Auto | eBay                 ats wouldn't repair as 1.5" from the sidewall   new trye needed  it was new   a week ago       i stitched it  and got another 30k  didnt go to ats  for 4 new tyres           my eyes work  my ears hear bul****          if wore out replace     worked in kent  with chalk and flint on site i used  a  can of repair foam in each  tyre        never suffered a puncture again        given a mates van 1/2" re bar through boxer front tyre  at 7.30 friday  pm       still got to get to rugby  two cans in    did 20k after as wore out              i would not repair a sidewall                                          i run with a stitching kit and a 12v compressor to date  no dramas