Shotgun Pellet Size Identity

9 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Current examples would include Eley Blues (shot is soft resulting in patterns 15% below what they should be) and lyalvale sportsman similar for clays and Victory minimags No3 actually being No1 therefore patterns failing much sooner than expected,  Gamebore Super game high bird soft shot and poor patterns, amongst others in 12b, in 410 Eley, fiocchi, lyalvale, Gamebore shot is all too soft in 3 inch loadings, you really do need 5% antimony to achieve decent patterns due to the increased pressures of the smaller bore. Haven't tested the recent Hull loading yet but hopefully will get round to it shortly.

Have you mentioned any of this to the relevant companies? 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Have you mentioned any of this to the relevant companies? 

Yes, on the 410 side Eley, lyalvale, hull (old loading) and gambore all got emails explaining the issue, two acknowledgements but nothing done, two radio silence.

On 12b side, matter raised, but only received acknowledgements and note will review but it is what market wants and offer to swap cartridges but no confirmation of change to cartridges, also few other cartridges emails raised that weren't mentioned above but again no action taken or response.

Basically as an individual, you get brushed off unless their is something dodgy about the production run.

21 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Current examples would include Eley Blues (shot is soft resulting in patterns 15% below what they should be) and lyalvale sportsman similar for clays and Victory minimags No3 actually being No1 therefore patterns failing much sooner than expected,  Gamebore Super game high bird soft shot and poor patterns, amongst others in 12b, in 410 Eley, fiocchi, lyalvale, Gamebore shot is all too soft in 3 inch loadings, you really do need 5% antimony to achieve decent patterns due to the increased pressures of the smaller bore. Haven't tested the recent Hull loading yet but hopefully will get round to it shortly.

I'd have to disagree with you on the. 410 carts from  fiocchi and gamebore 

I'm not sure as to the antimony content .but irrespective of the percentage  .they kill birds at ranges up to 35 yds with ease  through my full choke .410 .The game bore I shoot are 16 grm and they drop birds as well as my 19 grm loads .