Poor performances today.

JDog

A farmer with some outlying land 25 miles from home rang to say that there were pigeons on four fields of wheat drilling after beans. Would I take a look?

My faithful manservant Jacko picked me up this morning and we drove to the field and followed the sprayer through the gate. The sprayer operator told us that he would be finished in an hour. It was two hours so we twiddled our thumbs until 2pm when he left.

We set up and had an hour and a half of hectic shooting during which time we both shot very badly. My excuse was that I was only released from hospital yesterday with a suspected blood clot following a covid-19 booster on Monday. He had no such excuse.

However it was enjoyable and we picked 39 pigeons and a Carrion crow.

55 minutes ago, marsh man said:

As above , 2pm is getting near to the time to up stumps let alone setting up , hope your boaster jab don't give you any long lasting health problems , neither me or my wife have heard yet when our boaster jabs are planed , did you have any health problems with your previous two ?

No problems with my first two jabs (Astra Zeneca) but my booster which was Pfizer has made me feel pretty ropey even five days on. 

5 minutes ago, JDog said:

No problems with my first two jabs (Astra Zeneca) but my booster which was Pfizer has made me feel pretty ropey even five days on. 

Really sorry to hear that , we also had the same vaccine as you with the first two jabs with no side effects , not quite so keen now in getting our boaster jabs , I wander if any of the P W members had the same ,or similar problems with their boaster jab ?

Getting out is as good as any medicine and hopefully you will soon feel like your old self :good:

31 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Really sorry to hear that , we also had the same vaccine as you with the first two jabs with no side effects , not quite so keen now in getting our boaster jabs , I wander if any of the P W members had the same ,or similar problems with their boaster jab ?

Getting out is as good as any medicine and hopefully you will soon feel like your old self :good:

several reports around here saying they have sore arms...where as before ....no probs.............mate had one a week ago and he is in his 70's....no effect whatsoever..!!

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

several reports around here saying they have sore arms...where as before ....no probs.............mate had one a week ago and he is in his 70's....no effect whatsoever..!!

You have restored my faith in the fore coming boaster jab , no longer a bundle of nerves and bring it on is what I say :drinks:

P S    Have you had yours yet ?? 

My last two outings have been on a field that is just a tad over half a mile long, last crop was maze biofuel that was very poor and only half was harvested the rest left and disked in. This left a lot of cobs on the surface that attracted a large number of birds, the birds came and went in large flocks as described in the post. The birds would just get up enmass and go further down the field and down no mater where or what I did to entice them to decoy was in vane. The result was a bag of 8 for 18 on day 1 and 10 for 22 yesterday. Just to add to that the field was drilled with barley in-between visits, but the cobs are still on the surface and hundreds of pigeons too. As to booster not yet had an invite and my not bother if I do.

On 23/10/2021 at 22:41, marsh man said:

You have restored my faith in the fore coming boaster jab , no longer a bundle of nerves and bring it on is what I say :drinks:

P S    Have you had yours yet ?? 

had my flu jab yesterday.......last year no side effects........this morning/this year i feel really bad..... stiff....aching....sore...very sore arm..thick head

sorry about hi-jacking your thread jd

37 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done JDog, as reported before 39 is a good number when 40 fly over. I’ve got my booster in two weeks fingers crossed.

did you use the normal set up three magnets, four flappers and Jacks running round with the pigeon on his hat??

I hope your booster results in less problems than mine did.

Yes the normal set up as you describe.