Old Trafford this afternoon.

JDog

Only 5-0. I think Liverpool could and should have had more. It will be hailed as a great victory for Liverpool but it wasn't really. My grandson's U12s could have beaten Man U the way they played today. They looked bored, couldn't really be bothered.

Now Chelsea yesterday ( I'm not a Chelsea fan BTW) Mount and those other youngsters that Lampard brought it were really going for it

As a Man Utd supporter (second team) I can take a 5-0 drubbing; Liverpool got walloped 7-2 last season, so it happens to the best occasionally. But what gets me is how clueless the tactics are. One player would press, but no one goes with him and no one fills the hole. Playing Ronaldo up top is fine, but he wanders left and right. When he did that, no one went into the box, so he looks up and has nothing on.

And Ole's substitutions spoke of panic. He brings Pogba on for Greenwood, so goes to a three man midfield instead of a two man midfield. 12 minutes later he's lining up Cavani to come on for a midfielder (even before Pogba's red) to go back two a two man midfield! Baffling. 

Cavani should have started with Ronaldo on the left. That would guarantee at least one player in the box - and if Ronaldo's not crossing, it's guaranteed two. 

The fact is there are too many players who are simply not good enough. And one of them's Rashford. He might have done a great deal for child poverty, but his performances aren't going to win the league. Oh and they bought the wrong teenage star from Dortmund. And...and...and...

Edited by chrisjpainter

Some shocking defending - Maguire looked so nervous and didn’t organise his defence.

Klopp is a master tactician and set out his team perfectly.

All a bit embarrassing really to have your most fierce rivals kick your backside in your own back yard.

Ole just lacks managerial experience at this level - he might survive this one but if they lose away to Tottenham next week he could be on his way.