Anybody recommend an electronic fox call?

vole

I am after a bit of techno to assist in shooting fox,instead of relying on stumbling upon them.Farmer has a big problem so want to help of course.John Galway recommended a callmaster so thought I would not go far wrong with one of them but cant seem to find one.Any others out there please?Especially ones that do magpies as well.Thankyou for any advice.

Ucallers are verry good and effective.

Leagally you can not call birds with electronic calls to shoot them. But you can use the caller to call the birds in close to take a picture or 2. :lol:

Good luck

Kipper :lol:

Then after you have asked it to smile and taken its photo switch the caller of and shoot the ****** (only joking) :lol: :lol: :lol:

buy ya self a wam call,not electronic,but good,ive shot loads of foxes using the wam .shot about 14 foxes in last four trips.not all foxes will come in,but most do.depends on wind and if the fox is hungry ,you will allways have nights where they dont play the game.i got a ucaller,not fussy on the fox call on it.got loads on my phone too,from westernrivers.com ,but allways use wam. :lol:

http://www.western-rivers.com/downloads.html

I am after a bit of techno to assist in shooting fox,instead of relying on stumbling upon them.Farmer has a big problem so want to help of course.John Galway recommended a callmaster so thought I would not go far wrong with one of them but cant seem to find one.Any others out there please?Especially ones that do magpies as well.Thankyou for any advice.

Vole, don't be buying the likes of the U caller, Cass Creek, etc, the likes of them off Ebay. Save up & get the likes of FoxPro, Minaska Bandit, American gear, expensive, but you won't look back.

That said, if you haven't got decent calls for your e-caller, you may aswell play Elvis for the Fox.

The likes of Western Rivers free calls are ****. By decent I mean calls that last for 5mins or so, not 20 sec's, then to get any length of time out of them you have to loop them. Most of the American Calls are of no use, ie; the species they are intended for are not present in this country, the Bird sounds, Cottontail, Pup Distress work, just think to yourself what Charlie would like to hear, trial & error.

Don't be dragged into the belief that the E-caller works everytime, as if it's the magic wand of Fox Calling, cause it isn't, & if anyone tells you so, they haven't a clue. Yes it has it's uses, the right time & place.

Hope you get sorted,

BJ.

I have to agree with BJ :lol:

After seeing the Foxpro FX3 at the MidlandGF, that is going to be my next purchase. They are not magic and not every Fox will come to the call, but it certainly helps. Also purchased the LAST SNIFF from the Warrener :lol::lol::lol: So with my stinky stuff, my Foxpro and my Predator enticer, i am looking forward to bagging some foxes soon :lol:

I use a U CALLER or CD and it sertanly gets charlies attention. I then swop to a WAM (Simaler Device) mouth caller and they 9 times out of 10 come running in if the wind is in my favour. I have had great days with these and would not change. You can get a CD on good old * Bay for about £2/3 inc! P&P off b12drj If your taken your 4x4 into the field use this instead of a U Caller but do buy a WAM or simaler device again of * Bay WAM about £10 or simaler device for £3 I bought a simaler device and my mate bought a WAM and they both work very good. So good at times we are considering taken our shot guns with us as charlie on loads of occasions has ran to us so close so fast we have not been able to get a shot off with the rifle. Next time out my mate with the .223 Tika and me with my Betensoli o/u Shot Gun with BB`s 38/42grms should do the trick.

Thanks Dr J.Tulkyuk kindly sent me some mp3 which got the attention of magpies crows yesterday,which I usually struggle with.There were some rabbit distress ones as well I plan to use tonight,will also dust off my wam caller after reading your post thanks. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have used the callmaster, and have found it to be good. It's not cheap, I paid about £170 inc pp. A lot of the call on it are no good to me, but the rabbit, hare and magpie sounds are good. I have called in quite a few foxes and magpies ( for photographing) with it. Another electronic call is the Johnny Stewart one. It cost me £50 locally and can be used remotely up to 50 yards. I haven't tried it yet but the calls on it sound good.

Steve

i hate too souund stupid :rolleyes: !! BUT, how do you use one of these wam caller,s :good: ive bought one but can,t seem to get the hang of it !!! :angry::w00t:

ANY help would be appreciated

shaun

It takes practice to get it right but not that differcult. Stick the whole of the device in your mouth and useing your lips/gums keep a hold of it while you blow through it gently and rappidly. :D