Cartridges prices

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

I sometimes have to remind myself it's only inheritance money so if I don't enjoy spending it someone else will for sure but I agree it's a colossal % increase

I don't know weather my two grand daughters would share your opinion mgsontour , as how they spend money they are spending it before they have got it , that might be why if they buy me anything ,it have never got no more than a years guarantee on the item :lol: ,

Only shoot Clay's for recreation.  When prices increased I tried some of the cheaper brands and also quite  few 24gm. If you are on em you break them just the same. I dont feel recoil and OK they may sometimes be a little dirtier. But the biggest difference is in my pocket.  Even with doing this its difficult to buy anything below £210  . However other than the very serious shooters entering top competitions,  I cant see the justification for people paying upwards to £300 just to break Clay's, unless money is no object

41 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

Is there a big difference between prices up North and the South? I pay about £53 for a slab of superfasts in fibre or £197 per thousand if you want plastic wads. I’ve seen posts from people down south where the going rate seems to be £65 for a slab of superfasts in fibre.

It's hard to say as there seems to be that many price hikes. I think some old stock is also still around and some of the less avaricious dealers have continued to sell at those prices till gone. I like superfast myself and I have not come across any below £210 . Infact the ball park figure seems to be nearer £220 from my experience. If I could buy at  £197 I would be getting several thousand. Those are Yorkshire region prices

1 minute ago, TRINITY said:

Edited by TRINITY

For clays I buy the cheapest 21gram I can find. Non competitive shooting. Not many clay grounds really need anything heavier. If your on them they break.

For live quarry I spend a little more. Hardly worth quibbling over pennies when it's a kill or a wounded bird.

I normally use my local RFD, Brown Hardys Lock Stock and Barrel they have loads of reasonably priced brands but earlier this year I was near Skegness and found Peter Coppins & sons, biggest stocks and range of cartridges I've seen for years and cheapest by far. 

It certainly seems that Northern prices are more competitive. 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I shall have to have a look through the stacks to see what I will be using this season.

Off to Yorkshire for some pheasants.

Oi go shoot your own pheasants ! Rather those in Gods own country. I’ll be passing on ur details to the boarder forces .

Have fun and give us a report when you done. There’s a rumour we might be out on some ducks Friday eve before the syndicate I beat for starts up so will have to unearth my steels ! Don’t recon it will take as long as going through your stash tightchocke 

atb Agriv8