Vegan shooters

The Heron

23 minutes ago, The Heron said:

I was on a pheasant and partridge day on Saturday after the first drive it was time for refreshments I was told that the food on the right was for the vegans and the food on the left was for the rest of us I thought that vegans would be the last people I would meet shooting. 

Gordon Bennett, that defies logic!  :w00t:

28 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Not really, vegetarianism or veganism can be a health choice or a protest against chemicals and battery farming. My mate in Wales is a vegetarian and grows a lot of his own food organically but will shoot any pigeons squirrels or rabbits looking for a free meal at his expense.

Your mate sounds like a real hypocrite.

38 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

You know vegetarianism  isn't the same as vegan right.? 

I would assume the reply was (like mine) in relation to London Best's post about vegetarians who shoot being hypocrites

Much like some shooters who just blat away at pigeons or other species on the GLs are hypocrites, pretending they're doing it for all the right reasons, when all they really want to do is 'test themselves' - which they could just as easily do on the clays

18 hours ago, robbiep said:

I would assume the reply was (like mine) in relation to London Best's post about vegetarians who shoot being hypocrites

Much like some shooters who just blat away at pigeons or other species on the GLs are hypocrites, pretending they're doing it for all the right reasons, when all they really want to do is 'test themselves' - which they could just as easily do on the clays

I do it because I enjoy live quarry shooting very much indeed. It keeps the landowner happy, and because I can. 
I don’t know what other reason anyone needs, let alone ‘the right reason’? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/10/2021 at 22:04, robbiep said:

A good friend of mine is a keen deer stalker, but is vegetarian - she's allergic to the proteins in meat

My children have a similar condition, and although they are not entirely vegan, (animal fat can help add flavour) their protein intake is very low, yet they've been shooting and fishing, and my wife and I really enjoyed eating the sea trout my son caught! 

On 27/10/2021 at 14:21, Scully said:

I do it because I enjoy live quarry shooting very much indeed. It keeps the landowner happy, and because I can. 
I don’t know what other reason anyone needs, let alone ‘the right reason’? 

I mostly do it for the dog. 

I ensure all the game I shoot gets used and eaten, but not that often by myself. 

a friend is a vegan his body cant process meat protein       however we both hunt  he cant have        but his mrs and kids love meat of any kind he loves hunting hes not a veggie burger telling everyone their wrong    heys not that type             he doesn't have a choice        he processes everything for mrs and kids      he cant have any             they enjoy   it puts a smile on his face             a relative for the last 55 years has lived on white bread and butter only   for every meal inc weddings   he cant handle anything else     intolerance is not a choice          im gluten intolerant        look for intolerances in any menu     none  but you will find  life choices  everywhere   vegetarian    vegan     no intolerances  you have to ask can you do this without this     the answer  60% of the time is  no             you sit there with a coffee               others dive in to a full  anything    day or night  i always put something in the boot i can have    when i nip out  as nout else   to eat                     if you want a diet try gluten intolerant  its good if you can find it 

gluten or wheat intolerant  inc lactose        bad guts within an  hour       rough for days    lethargic as hell  for a week or two  until it passes  and it dont take mush       fried on a griddle plate  cross contamination   to be safe i cant eat out unless they understand      i cant have a coffee  from a machine  as the powdered milk has gluten     it distroyes me         hence others have a full fat fry up     i have an instant coffee black     nout else until        something in the car boot to tide me over         home cooked simple foods ok    bisto best   ok     nout else            fast foods of any kind  are not gluten intolerant    despite advertised ****  pizzas    gluten free at   £16    are un edible  and ****          not many places do gluten intolerant         i cant have               loads do vegan /vegetarian   life choices         ( but none intolerances)          i cant have i would love a burger               in my household mrs and kids order in      i have a baked tater and beans with ham      no cheese       maybe  goats cheese                one chip shop miles away does        no  batter   grilled cod and chips inc mushy peas  in a tray £9.80   once a week  a treat   and its really good no bad guts                            an Eccles cake     black or white pudding fry up an egg   sausage    boiled egg once a week i cant have   any week                                                                                       i have to watch everything by mouth    eating out is a nightmare          if i get it  wrong  my guts  pay for weeks  i crave an Eccles cake   now ant then but i daren't        i like game foods              hell a bowl of soup     nout else         while mrs had a full meal      i would love an anything crumble                  and yet eateries pander to life choices  not intolerances  and allergies   our latest family outing  out of 16  the       only gluten free option   £22 for a bowl of rice and 4 prawns and 2 ousters  called tapas         all other meals steaks and mixed grills £14.00        not doing that again     it was **** food                  mrs and i  will cook for everyone    at least  all will enjoy  and be full inc me         eating out with an intolerances is found lacking other known as  ****    i cant buy an apple  in a motorway service station       every journey is a picnic sometimes to enjoy a coffee    without bad guts         i dont have a choice    its not a lifestyle choice   its an intolerance    eateries are     pandering to the latest fad      for people like me we bring everything  we cant take a chance  if i get it wrong       i can spray **** for days                       

Edited by Saltings