Jump to content

Tracey Mulligan-Insulate


turbo33
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone else see the interview with this ghastly person on GMB this morning? Somehow, she doesn't quite get the point, that whilst others are struggling to cram in the hours to keep their family afloat, and being stopped from doing so by her group, it's no surprise she's on benefits!! Apart from her questionable mental state, the fact that yet again, she can get to a studio, and would have had to rise fairly early, I would like to know what her benefit entitlement is based on.

Meanwhile on the M25, the feckless lot have tried blocking again, with one gluing themselves to the road. I do feel for the police, in that by the time they get to the scene, the dopey lot have got the glue gun out. At least the idiot that glued his face to the road yesterday regrets it! 

 

 

Edited by turbo33
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

She does come across as a bit mental. What's a two degree world ?, is this something I should know about ?.

A bit!     Understatement of the year there.  :w00t:

So far these saviours of the world have failed to put anyone up for a debate that can explain things and answer questions and to spend your available airtime lambasting journalists for not asking the correct questions, well that was a well thought out approach!  :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Warming to the extent of 2 degrees centigrade above "pre industrial" levels.

Thankyou very much sir . Now that you've said it , I've realised that I was already aware of it . It was her slightly deranged manner that threw me off 👍.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

She comes across as a thoroughly nasty self centered bully.  Should be in jail, not on TV.

Should be on medication with the rest and fully supervise, thing is some poor sod has these ice holes for neighbours! 

Edited by steve s×s
Wrong wording
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/10/2021 at 09:11, DUNKS said:

Please stop the world I want to get off!

I got off last week as there is only so much caring I can care about?

No mention again of the volcanoes active at the moment, possibly pushing out more pollution in an hour than this place emits in 5 years but all we get is carp about cars and gas boilers and how bad they are?

No mention of populations either?

Sheer lunacy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, old man said:

 

No mention of populations either?

 

I generally agree that we need to ween off using fossil fuels, I also agree about over use of plastics and any other activity that has a detrimental effect on the environment. I think most people do. I also think these poor practices will eventually be diminished with time when people have genuine alternatives.

However even if we stopped doing these things tomorrow it will not save this planet but will only probably give it a couple of hundred extra years at the very most. I believe the biggest threat by far is the human population increase and strangely enough this never gets a mention. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

 I believe the biggest threat by far is the human population increase and strangely enough this never gets a mention. 

I have mentioned exponential population growth on here once or twice but as you say it seems to go largely unnoticed and is a very inconvenient root cause to those who wish to pontificate over the rest of us.

There is an obscene amount of funding available to report on climate change and its so called effects therefore you need a problem (bandwagon) in order for this funding to continue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The loudest voices about pollution, environmental damage, modern farming practices, over fishing, lack of affordable housing , inadequate health care and education, etc,etc,etc. Are the same people who have the loudest voices when people speak up about immigration and mass population increase. I have yet to hear any positive argument as to how increasing population has a positive effect on any of the said problems.

6 minutes ago, old man said:

People being people means we will eventually follow the dinosaurs into history, we seem to be racing towards it with fervour?

Correct,  irrespective if we race there in dirty diesels or 'clean' electric vehicles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

The loudest voices about pollution, environmental damage, modern farming practices, over fishing, lack of affordable housing , inadequate health care and education, etc,etc,etc. Are the same people who have the loudest voices when people speak up about immigration and mass population increase. I have yet to hear any positive argument as to how increasing population has a positive effect on any of the said problems.

Correct,  irrespective if we race there in dirty diesels or 'clean' electric vehicles.

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any one ever wondered why 1880 is the date to start temperature estimates from? Could it be that it was the end of the little ice age?  You could go back to some where between 1050 and 1300 ad and work from there, we still have a long way to go before reaching those temperatures.

We are screwing the world up but I'm not convinced that co2 is the biggest problem we are causing after all co2 was at around 180 ppm a hundred or so years ago, plants will start to die at 150ppm so it could be argued that was a close call!

The climate is changing and will change with or without us and I think we should try to limit what we do that could change it for the worse I also think a lot of what the powers that be are saying we should do (but not them) is a bit like king Canute!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the reason population growth isn’t mentioned as a contributor is because it’s only relevant if we ‘consume’. 
In my experience ( despite what we’re told ) is that consuming is what humans do, and have done since Jesus’ dog was a puppy. 
We all want a better life, we want to be wealthier ( more so than healthier usually ) we want the best clothes, footwear, iPhones, tv’s, laptops, cars, kitchens appliances, holidays, even if it’s just as a yardstick by which to measure and project our success in life to friends and contemporaries. ‘We’ve been to Dubai this year!’ Whoopi ****** do! Personally I can’t think of anywhere less I would like to go ( unless you include Colmonell ! 😂

We even want our kids to be successful as we think that will mean they’re happy! One isn’t necessarily an indication of the other.  It’s bonkers! 
The older I get the less I need, or want, but I was young once and I wanted it all, so who am I to criticise? 
Perhaps it’s peer pressure, but for as long as there are humans they will devour and consume at a helluva rate. It’s what we do, whether you’re a member of insulate Britain, extinction rebellion, Chris Packham, meat eater, veggie, vegan or clingon; or that monstrously huge hypocrite Attenborough, who must have created ( at the tax payers expense ) one of the largest carbon footprints by any individual in the history of mankind! 
That turned into a bit of a rant! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Scully said:

I think the reason population growth isn’t mentioned as a contributor is because it’s only relevant if we ‘consume’. 
In my experience ( despite what we’re told ) is that consuming is what humans do, and have done since Jesus’ dog was a puppy. 
We all want a better life, we want to be wealthier ( more so than healthier usually ) we want the best clothes, footwear, iPhones, tv’s, laptops, cars, kitchens appliances, holidays, even if it’s just as a yardstick by which to measure and project our success in life to friends and contemporaries. ‘We’ve been to Dubai this year!’ Whoopi ****** do! Personally I can’t think of anywhere less I would like to go ( unless you include Colmonell ! 😂

We even want our kids to be successful as we think that will mean they’re happy! One isn’t necessarily an indication of the other.  It’s bonkers! 
The older I get the less I need, or want, but I was young once and I wanted it all, so who am I to criticise? 
Perhaps it’s peer pressure, but for as long as there are humans they will devour and consume at a helluva rate. It’s what we do, whether you’re a member of insulate Britain, extinction rebellion, Chris Packham, meat eater, veggie, vegan or clingon; or that monstrously huge hypocrite Attenborough, who must have created ( at the tax payers expense ) one of the largest carbon footprints by any individual in the history of mankind! 
That turned into a bit of a rant! 🙂

Rant away..👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...