Thoughts On Why Members Don't Post As Often ?

marsh man

I’m not sure that my view of pigeon shooting ( wood pigeon that is) is shared by the majority but the reason I can obtain permission to shoot pigeons up here in t’north is usually down to the amount of dead birds I throw onto the manure heaps at the end of the day which are then seen by, then loaded into the muck spreader the following days by the farmer and ‘ put back onto my field what the ******* have stolen’ as fertiliser.

Yes I have taken an odd dozen here and there to various friends when asked but have never sold them to a game dealer and no way will I deliver them to a posh resteraunt ready breasted out etc for a couple of quid.
I control pests and the fact that I do not dislike doing this should not detract from the benefit to my enjoyment of partially protecting the food chain and I will not justify doing what I do by saying I eat the horrible things. Damm, my spoons stuck while stirring

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Manymissedpigeon said:

I’m not sure that my view of pigeon shooting ( wood pigeon that is) is shared by the majority but the reason I can obtain permission to shoot pigeons up here in t’north is usually down to the amount of dead birds I throw onto the manure heaps at the end of the day which are then seen by, then loaded into the muck spreader the following days by the farmer and ‘ put back onto my field what the ******* have stolen’ as fertiliser.

Yes I have taken an odd dozen here and there to various friends when asked but have never sold them to a game dealer and no way will I deliver them to a posh resteraunt ready breasted out etc for a couple of quid.
I control pests and the fact that I do not dislike doing this should not detract from the benefit to my enjoyment of partially protecting the food chain and I will not justify doing what I do by saying I eat the horrible things. Damm, my spoons stuck while stirring

Oh dear hope you feel better now you've got that of your chest. 

I don't think anyone cares but im sure you'll get someone to bite.