Benelli SBE3 26"

Cawdor118

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Oly said:

Geez, the more I look at that the more I struggle to see the difference between it and the Franchi Affinity (other than the doubled price tag!) 

https://images.app.goo.gl/LVZgH5s4PEZAvogh8

They are similar. However, "spot the difference" shows it has a different stock, different action - the SBE is easier cleaned as its a 2 part construction, different bolt handle and different bolt release. To name a few. Plus why buy the cheaper one when you can get the original... 

57 minutes ago, Cawdor118 said:

They are similar. However, "spot the difference" shows it has a different stock, different action - the SBE is easier cleaned as its a 2 part construction, different bolt handle and different bolt release. To name a few. Plus why buy the cheaper one when you can get the original... 

Granted the SBE's action is easier cleaned from its 2 part action construction, but the Franchi's spring is easier to access to lube. 

I found the stock feel identical, but the Franchi is bigger. It seems that Benellis generally suit those of a smaller build and Franchi the more suited to larger. 

I prefer the oversized bolt and release of the Franchi, but it's a minor point anyway as easily swapped out for custom jobs. 

Overall I think there's very little in it features/performance wise to be fair. 

1 minute ago, Oly said:

Granted the SBE's action is easier cleaned from its 2 part action construction, but the Franchi's spring is easier to access to lube. 

I found the stock feel identical, but the Franchi is bigger. It seems that Benellis generally suit those of a smaller build and Franchi the more suited to larger. 

I prefer the oversized bolt and release of the Franchi, but it's a minor point anyway as easily swapped out for custom jobs. 

Overall I think there's very little in it features/performance wise to be fair. 

100% agree that the Franchi isn't that vastly different to warrant the extra £1k. Some will go on better components... some will go on marketing for suckers like me.