Extinction Rebellion...Woooowwww

ditchman

just coming thro the news services............Extinction Rebellion UK have just broken into the Exon fuel refinery in Hampshire............now that is just a little bit naughty and very dangerous

wonder how Priti Patel will handle this one................

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot around a refinery, and the local armed police in their other role as anti terrorist police will turn up if you so much as look at the refinery the wrong way.It is beyond belief that these idiots are allowed to do this, it's time to stop pandering to them and use swift forceful action to remove then and charge them.

I am all for the right to peacefully protest, but the flip side of that coin is for me to be allowed to ignore you (and whatever it is that you are doing or saying).

These lot, well the level of know all narcissism is just off the chart, and there’s nothing more irritating than a do gooder on a cause who totally f’s up your day all the while telling you they’re doing you a favour.

14 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I am all for the right to peacefully protest, but the flip side of that coin is for me to be allowed to ignore you (and whatever it is that you are doing or saying).

These lot, well the level of know all narcissism is just off the chart, and there’s nothing more irritating than a do gooder on a cause who totally f’s up your day all the while telling you they’re doing you a favour.

Absolutely! If there is armed security at this refinery then some serious retraining is in order.

1 minute ago, Sussexboy said:

If there is armed security at this refinery then some serious retraining is in order.

The intruders will know that the truth is that the 'arms' are nothing but an inconvenience to the security staff in  most instances.  It is almost impossibly unlikely that any armed response would ever be allowed (and that is right) unless a major terrorist incident was suspected - and even then - I doubt any shot would be fired;

1. It is pretty much politically unacceptable
  2. Letting off live ammunition around an oil refinery would be highly risky

The intruders know that they can get away with whatever they want and security/police will do virtually nothing - and in blocking the roads - where in effect they are allowed to do it.  Despite all of the blocked roads - NO ONE has yet been charged I believe.

1 minute ago, islandgun said:

one 17yr old spokesman said "All fossil fuels should be banned" conveniently forgetting how he arrived there, what food he eats, his clothes, etc etc etc etc 

At 17, all you have is a typical British education (which is very likely far from unbiased). 

It teaches nothing practical, which most of us learn in our from 'elders' in our families, doing our hobbies, working in our occupations with older colleagues and living life in general.  You cannot really have an informed and balanced opinion at 17 - it is too early!

44 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

At 17, all you have is a typical British education (which is very likely far from unbiased). 

It teaches nothing practical, which most of us learn in our from 'elders' in our families, doing our hobbies, working in our occupations with older colleagues and living life in general.  You cannot really have an informed and balanced opinion at 17 - it is too early!

Reminds me of a line from a Billy connolly stand up show from 1994  "18 year old experts.... you can't be an expert at 18, you're not even an expert at being alive at 18!"

3 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Couple of Para's on the gate with pick helves, couple on prowler  no-one would get in.

Failing that let the Police shoot them. 

Let the snow flakes suck on them rules.

Ahh the good old pick helve, keeping military establisments safe since time began.

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Couple of Para's on the gate with pick elves, couple on prowler  no-one would get in.

Failing that let the Police shoot them. 

Let the snow flakes suck on them rules.

37 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Ahh the good old pick elve, keeping military establisments safe since time began.

Oh the good old pick helve.

Wrongly spelled by the Army since time immemorial!  :w00t:

for a while during the troubles we used to do stag.with pick axe handles and sterlings at Browning barracks....the weak spot was down the bottom near the canal by the old pistol range...........didnt want to make it too tight tho as thats where we brought the totty in

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

I was reading the comments from the road blocking types on the BBC news website, one 17yr old spokesman said "All fossil fuels should be banned" conveniently forgetting how he arrived there, what food he eats, his clothes, etc etc etc etc 

They truly are F whits!!

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh the good old pick helve.

Wrongly spelled by the Army since time immemorial!  :w00t:

Being Para I have no requirements for reading and writing and rithmatec is a no go area.

All I was ever required to write was: There where no incidents to report Sir.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

for a while during the troubles we used to do stag.with pick axe handles and sterlings at Browning barracks....the weak spot was down the bottom near the canal by the old pistol range...........didnt want to make it too tight tho as thats where we brought the totty in

Do you remember the weeping willow tree, all the grass rubbed away underneath 😉