Angela Rayner apologises

welsh1

Perhaps her apology was more to do with the talking to by the party bosses and the damage her gob sh*&e manners have caused to the party overall?  For goodness sake she is the party deputy leader and we demand that they all have at least, a semblance of decorum in their daily dealings in that role.

:good:

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just like Diane Abbott and co, should stick to Council level politics.

This is why council level politics are so bad because people of their ilk dominate them. No better out of politics altogether !

A strong democratic country needs a strong competent opposition but the quality and intelect of the current labour party must be at it's all time lowest. 

14 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Doesn't say a lot about those who blindly vote for them out of some sort of misguided loyalty.

I think it even goes further than that; she uses such language because she believes it will improve her popularity and standing amongst her supporters and voters.  As is very clear, the politics of the extremes (both left and right) are based around envy and hatred, rather than a desire to make things better for all.  In my view the Labour party has quite a high proportion of 'extreme' left views amongst its members and supporters and a few MPs, whereas on the right, the extremes are 'minor sideline' parties with no MPs and small memberships.

Rayner has no doubt seen the backlash from her comments (among parliamentary colleagues and party membership) and backtracked - clearly with reluctance as it has taken a month.

If an apology is made for any reason other than genuine remorse, then it’s insincere and just another insult really. 
Labour seem to have an extreme inbred hatred of those with wealth, especially inherited wealth or privilege. It’s almost as if when seeing someone with a flash car, rather than think ‘I’ll have one of those one day’, they instead think ‘Why should they be able to afford one of those when I can’t?’
That’s the impression I get anyhow. 
There will always be privileged people, no matter what the political spectrum. 

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

If an apology is made for any reason other than genuine remorse, then it’s insincere and just another insult really. 
Labour seem to have an extreme inbred hatred of those with wealth, especially inherited wealth or privilege. It’s almost as if when seeing someone with a flash car, rather than think ‘I’ll have one of those one day’, they instead think ‘Why should they be able to afford one of those when I can’t?’
That’s the impression I get anyhow. 
There will always be privileged people, no matter what the political spectrum. 

Very This ^^^

6 hours ago, toxo said:

"Labour has a hatred of wealth" but not a word about the Tory love of it.

What was actually said was ......

20 hours ago, Scully said:

Labour seem to have an extreme inbred hatred of those with wealth

which is rather different.  In fact many Labour grandees are rich men and love money and what it brings - and like the old 'lefty stalwart, Wedgewood Benn, dodge inheritance tax to hang on to it.  Very few if any in politics and power are not interested in money.  A quick check of the outside incomes they get, pay rises they award themselves and the expenses they draw will confirm that.

Quite honestly, I dont have a problem of relieving the wealthy and the greedy of a few extra quid. My problem is rather than make life a bit better for the hard working middle ground, labour are obsessed by linning the pockets of the lazy work shy portion of the society. When they forget about those wasters and look at improving life for the vast majority of ordinary people, they may get my vote.

43 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Quite honestly, I dont have a problem of relieving the wealthy and the greedy of a few extra quid. My problem is rather than make life a bit better for the hard working middle ground, labour are obsessed by linning the pockets of the lazy work shy portion of the society. When they forget about those wasters and look at improving life for the vast majority of ordinary people, they may get my vote.

This 👏