Metaverse

ditchman

Facebook announces the creation of the Metaverse...which those who use Facebook will become part of

not being a user or member of Facebook........i wont be joining anytime soon.......

i think it is worrying that the scales of reality have now been tipped and many people are now spending more time in the alternate reality world than in the real world....no wonder so many people are experiencing mental issues............this seems to be heading towards that film senario with Bruce Willis in it.......where everyone spends their time at home in a darkened room with their headsets on participating in their "electric" life in a form of their own choice

Darwin..........what is going to happen ?

all very sad really

I recently joined facebook as I was told it was the quickest way of selling absolutely anything.

I advertised my car for sale at 1600, had the usual will you take a clothes peg as deposit and I'll come back next year and pay the balance type enquires then I guy said he was on his way to view. Being nieve I thought he would arrive 🤔🙄 so told the others it was probably gone😬

Realising I'm part stupid part gullible, I told the next person to ask to come. 1900 hours, Sold, money in bank, car gone.

So for selling stuff it seems OK. Having trawled through the endless drivel that others post I announced to my wife at 2200 hours, I'm leaving facebook now.

I can't believe folk make it there life and post such 💩💩💩💩🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

People don't seem to stop and ask why Facebook and it's associated Apps such as WhatsApp are free to use and they certainly don't read the user agreements which are, of course, in Legalese language.

Facebook analyse everything - every word you type in, the individuals and groups you contact - everything.  The end result is that the user actually becomes a 'Product' that can be sold - by having thousands of data-points on an individual it's possible to accurately predict the stuff they'd like to see or would be influenced by for targeted marketing.   Politics to products - there is no limit.   Oh yes and Google are no better - use their search engine and then visit Youtube and you'll see suggested content that matches your Google interests.

The bit of Facebook and it's ilk that are acutely bad are the features that encourage addiction - take WhatsAppp...it will show you if someone in your list of contacts in typing in the App...the message might not be for you but it might be....so the device stays in the users hands.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

yeah ...thats what i thought....or was it multiverse................but Riddick and thadie newton are real..........

Underverse I believe 

it seems that the world is not enough or the universe for some 😂😂

when the youngsters wise up to the fact that the internet contributes more to global warming than just about anything else………

we’ll time will tell 🤭

46 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Underverse I believe 

when the youngsters wise up to the fact that the internet contributes more to global warming than just about anything else………

we’ll time will tell 🤭

They won't, if they think farming is so bad but flying off on holiday is ok there isn't a lot of hope really!

And until there is some honesty in the reporting of climate change that won't change!

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Underverse I believe 

we’ll time will tell 🤭

at your "advanced age" how do you now so much about Riddick................you are in severe danger of being termed "cool"..........