Oldie style postal catalogues

henry d

Easy life, Afibel, Chums, fashion friendly, Coopers of Stortford, to name a few. Constantly being sent to our address to the previous owner who sadly died almost a year ago, originally there were two and I returned them to the sender with; "Deceased, please amend your records." Still they came regularly, so I phoned and emailed them explaining the situation. They then send them to "The occupier" so we register with the mail preference service, now we have multiple catalogues, non of which have been sent before and some using miss rather than Mrs and initial rather than full name, hitting the mat so I suspect that they are selling her details on.

What gets me is they say that they can't stop sending them straight away! Imagine if she still had a husband and he was sent these for months on end reminding him of his loss. Can't wait to get the log burner installed so that I have a plentiful supply of heat from them.

Edited by henry d
Typo

When we first moved into our house in 97 we would get every month a discreet envelope through the post, when opened it would be a catalouge or fold out poster thing showing lots of different x rated toys, magazines, videos, these were really hard core, we thought it would stop but after a year they were still arriving, so one day i called the number up on one of the catalouges,explained to a very nice person that we were the new owners and we didn't need their wares, they were great, apologised and said they would take us off their mailing list. We never had another one in the post.

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

When we first moved into our house in 97 we would get every month a discreet envelope through the post, when opened it would be a catalouge or fold out poster thing showing lots of different x rated toys, magazines, videos, these were really hard core, we thought it would stop but after a year they were still arriving, so one day i called the number up on one of the catalouges,explained to a very nice person that we were the new owners and we didn't need their wares, they were great, apologised and said they would take us off their mailing list. We never had another one in the post.

What's their address again? My spank paddle broke 😂

On a serious note, a top tip I use and I've certainly enjoyed doing it is sending, how shall I say it, junk, to one of my neighbours (who the whole street has a problem with). I've lost count how many tampon samples I've signed him up for, and obscure catalogues of varieties. Well worth a second class stamp. 

Edited by strimmer_13