Guntrader

Kojak_79

Surely given that statement guntrader going into liquidation is an admission of guilt re the data leak and they must be worried about multiple claims against them ,presumably they have taken solicitors advice.

so they have ducked the responsibility and started again with another name.

My name and details were on that list and although I didn't ever consider legal action I felt very uncomfortable not just for myself but for my family .Somehow  guntraders subsequent action to go into liquidation has filled me with utter  contempt for them,instead of full unashamed apologies admitting that they have compromised thousands of peoples security and that they had ***ed up big time they seem to be blaming the few who are taking legal action ,

unbelievable!!

39 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I have asked Guntrader on what basis they are continiung to hold my data. I await their response.

Let us know what they say ,if my old guntrader account is accessible through the new company without them contacting me they will have to invent yet another new company because it will be taking the proverbial ! 

2 hours ago, holloway said:

Surely given that statement guntrader going into liquidation is an admission of guilt re the data leak

I ain't no lawyer, but no.  Not in the legal sense anyway.

2 hours ago, holloway said:

,instead of full unashamed apologies admitting that they have compromised thousands of peoples security and that they had ***ed up big time they seem to be blaming the few who are taking legal action ,

First of all, if they did come out with 'full unashamed apologies', that could be construed as an admission of liability, in which case they very much would be in a spot of bother.  Not sure how you can take that and call it 'blaming' those taking legal action, but whatever.

All that is not to say this isn't a royal screw-up on their part.  We even had a poster on PW saying he made them aware of security holes but was ignored.

There were some very interesting posts on Facebook apparently.  Am not an FB user, but this article on the register was quite illuminating.  Quote from the now-deleted FB post:

Due to a small number of people wanting compensation because their data leaked onto the internet, action had to be taken. Sadly with this compensation culture guntrader.uk could not survive these claims so was forced into liquidation.

Guntrader provided a very useful service to trade and customers & I would miss it if it was not available. Being a limited company, it was always going to end like this unless insurers stepped in.

Not taking data security seriously enough has been a costly and serious error for the company and for some of its customers. 

On 01/11/2021 at 17:07, arjimlad said:

Guntrader provided a very useful service to trade and customers & I would miss it if it was not available. Being a limited company, it was always going to end like this unless insurers stepped in.

Not taking data security seriously enough has been a costly and serious error for the company and for some of its customers. 

Has anyone on Pigeon watch started legal action?

I recall Guntraders assets stood at £600K, before liquidation. There is a firm of Solicitors taking action and asking for anyone concerned to fill in an on-line form.

I have served a Subject Access Request on Guntrader and have been contacted by Alex Andover. He has requested that I ring him, but I want everything in writing, so e-mail it is.

My details are still on the "new" Guntrader site which has taken over. I want an audit trail of where my details are recorded, if they have been passed over to a new company and why.

Having had confidential information hacked, I did think that those details would never have been then voluntarily been passed to a new company. It might well be the same managerial team as the old Guntrader, but they are not the ones I gave my details to.

58 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I am struggling with Guntrader's position. If the old firm has been liquidated and any liability for the hacking lies with the defunct company, how can they pass details over to a "new" company?

Have we any experts on company law on here?

Completely  agree,I had no thought of legal action until Andovers squirming response to litigation my account still functions as it did so is it a new company or not ,if new where have they got my details from.?