Proper driven shooting

Lloyd90

I’ve never booked a proper days driven shooting before. 

I have shot plenty of walked up, beaters days and on a small syndicate but they’re only small bags with the most ever being about 20 birds. 

I am looking to dip my toe and book the odd smaller day with a mate or two, and am hoping you lads can give me some advice on do’s and do not’s. 

Etiquette of paying etc (I am looking to use guns on pegs). 

Looking at this shoot: 

https://www.gunsonpegs.com/shoots/wiltshire/charlton-park-shoot

60 bird day available for 6 guns - £375 per gun. 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Lloyd PM Walker570 he uses Richard and gets some great deals on great days.

Good luck

PM'd him with details.  He also does some really fun small 60-70 bird days at Grimsthorp where you get treated as if it was a bigger day, gun bus, elevensies and picnic lunch with tea, cake etc whilst the results are discussed in the superb shoot room at Grimsthorp.  I have three days there in January but believe they are fully booked.

You don’t say how many drives are involved, but you do realise, I hope, that if there are six guns you are limited to less than seven birds each over the entire day? If there are three drives it means each gun has to limit themselves to two birds per drive, each.
That’s an awful lot of self restraint, which if no one sticks to could be a dismal but expensive day for the others. 

60 birds between 6 would be 10 per gun. I would expect no more than 5 drives at 60 birds. Averaging 2 birds per drive, some pegs on some drives will be 4 birds, some 0. I would be perfectly happy with that but as the others say, you need to put a team together to enjoy the day best rather than shoot with all strangers. 

2 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

60 birds between 6 would be 10 per gun. I would expect no more than 5 drives at 60 birds. Averaging 2 birds per drive, some pegs on some drives will be 4 birds, some 0. I would be perfectly happy with that but as the others say, you need to put a team together to enjoy the day best rather than shoot with all strangers. 

😂Of course it is! I was just coming back to phone to correct it! Have no idea what’re my brain has been, sorry! 😀

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂Of course it is! I was just coming back to phone to correct it! Have no idea what’re my brain has been, sorry! 😀

These things happen, like me you type quickly and then re-read what you say later and think 🙈🙈🙈. But either way, all this maths is based upon our assumption that it is 6 guns total. 

Edited by WalkedUp