which camera

john faul

Just bought a Panasonic Lumix via Amazon for just under £200 - great camera. 12x zoom and great ability to take pictures at speed on the burst setting. Got some good shots of a Spitfire doing victory rolls over bentley Priory on Battle of Britain day.

It's light to carry around but v adapable.

For the best reviews of all cameras have a look at DP Review.

As Henry said it very much depends on what you want to do with it. I use a canon 20D with an array of lenses which means my camera bag huge! It all costs a fortune but I do some professional work so it's got to be done. The 'starter' model canon SLR with standard lens will come in under £500 witha reasonable memory card.

At the other extreme I bought the missus a simple 5mp point & shoot Fuji job with a reasonable zoom lens the other week for £50 from http://morgancomputers.co.uk/ which does her fine. Their stock varies a lot as its reconditioned, end of range or box damaged so its a bit hit & miss as to what they have in but the prices make it worth looking.

not yet we rang a man last week that dad baught a pointer of :lol:? many years ago :lol: but he doesnt breed anymore am lookin for a good german pointer shorthaired my shootin buddies have the british ones. i think i would rather the german pointer IMO will have a look through the argos catalogue thanks :lol: