Saturday 6th November Duck Flights and rough shooting.

Fenny

Hi This Saturday 6th November I will be doing a morning duck flight followed by a walk around rough shoot and finishing with an evening duck flight.  The cost per gun is £80. Maximum of 3 guns. The postcode is Pe13 4JQ. Cambridgeshire 

Cheers Fenny 

What a day this was....

Another superb day for the memory banks. It started before sunrise getting set for the duck flight. So many mallard and geese around but luck not in as before, flying just out of range. A couple of hours in and having shot pigeon and a crow we were approached by some of Fenny's acquaintance's who asked if we wanted to join them walking a beet field for some pheasant. Who would say no?

A steady walk though the field and some great work by the dogs put up a few pheasant. Following the beet field we went into an adjacent fallow field for another walk through. what a mix of game....

One chap got his 1st woodcock, snipe a plenty but to quick for us, more pheasant and partridge put up by the dogs.

You'd think the day couldn't get any better, but it could. We went to another location to walk down the side of a drain. The one dog working really hard (and having great fun) put up pheasant, got a couple of hares running , during which a number of hidden teal flew out of the drain which we were to slow for. Getting to the end of the permission, a shot into some woods put up a large number of duck from another drain that made a flight round but just out of range, but the extra pigeon compensated.

Prior to the final duck flight, we went back to and walked the fallow field again, with one chap getting his 1st snipe, and another pheasant was bagged.

Now set for the final phase of the day, getting set for the duck flight, again a lot of movement with both mallard and geese in the air. A few pigeon shot and another chap bagging his 1st goose.

A truly memorable day again with fantastic company and a real privilege for me to be part of the chaps getting a number of game for the 1st time.

I cant say I shot all the game, but the mix included; Pigeon, crow, mallard, widgeon, pheasant, snipe, woodcock, goose and hare

We even got a visit from the local constabulary! someone had reported people hare coursing - quite funny when you see the dogs there! but all dealt with very amicably and sensibly by the local police.

A great day and huge thanks to Fenny once again