225 60 18

Centrepin

Years ago I thought I saw a conversion table that showed what you where looking for. 
 But I’ve had a quick Google an confused myself. 
 Rough guess 225/65-70?/17 would be close. 
 However this said. What car are you putting smaller wheels on? You might need a minimum wheel size of 18” to clear the brake calipers on say a mk3 Range Rover 

Thank you for the replies.

I'm looking for a winter tyre, snow/mud type. I can't afford to be stuck anywhere and take a belt and braces approach. Use on my perm and I live near the top of a very steep hill. One snowflake and all the noddy cars with cornflake packet licence steering wheel attendants get dumped about a mile away. Navigation though them is more a problem than the roads.

My new car has 18" alloys and smooth rubber bands as standard.

Older versions have 16, 17, 18 and 19" versions. 

Now I have an idea of tyre and wheel size  I can look more into the fit over the very large calipers.

Lots of older steel wheels available on Ebay with the same PCD.

There are a number of calculators on line to compare two sizes. A small difference is negligible.

my van  be fitted with 15 inch or 16 inch rims from ford both use a 225 55 tyre but this does not require Speedo calibration change apparently ( my summers are 16 in alloys ) winter mud and snow are 15 in  steels that’s will be going on now the temps started dropping!

just a final word of warning ensure you check the et dimensions usually stamped somewhere. This is the offset   Of the rim !  Probably not an issue if you are picking up steels from an older generation vehicle!

again google can give you a visual idea on et

atb Agriv8 

If you want winter rated all season tyres that I must say are really rather good (fitted them to the wife's car for her and the kids so no messing about) that I recommend the verdstein quatrac (the new asymmetrical ones). Very reasonable price. Outstanding on snow and compacted snow, good in the wet and dry. 

I wouldn't change tyre size. 

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

If you want winter rated all season tyres that I must say are really rather good (fitted them to the wife's car for her and the kids so no messing about) that I recommend the verdstein quatrac (the new asymmetrical ones). Very reasonable price. Outstanding on snow and compacted snow, good in the wet and dry. 

I wouldn't change tyre size. 

No, I'm want aggressive mud tyres. The type that most people look down their noses at. Just in case I'm on my perm and it rains, snows etc. Its very steep, greasy and a heavy rain makes the driving conditions extremely challenging.

The acreage to travel to safety is worth the piece of mind.

Running AT3s last year they clogged up and became useless. My sons BFGs the same. 

I'm looking at something like Simex or copies like Insa Turbo special tracks. Unfortunately they don't make them in 18s.

Screenshot_20211104-194425_eBay.jpg