Electrictrickery

Centrepin

12 hours ago, London Best said:

Great little dog.

She loves being in the field and cries as soon as I go onto the farm untill I take her collar off and let her out. She retrieves pigeon but only stands guard over corvids as she remembers being pecked by a pricked bird a couple of years ago.

She actually looks at me in disgust when I miss.

I'm not taking her on every outing as its currently too hot for her.

20220803_111909.jpg

• 4 months later...

A quick update on hybridicity.

Cars had its first service and everythings as it should be.

MPG has dropped astonishlingly during this recent cold snap and is around the 34 - 36 mpg range. Probably due to the fact it only runs on electrictrickery on long downhills or over 36mph and as my longest journey is currently around 11 miles to my perm i'm guessing it never charges sufficiently for more.

Well it seems the 'electricary' in my Duster has had to be replaced. After a week of searching some black box was found to require replacing, good thing is it is under warranty.

Big problem with these things is that if a connection is only non functioning on occasion it is very difficult to tie down and these are so many such connections in modern cars these days. Back in my rallying days the only electrical spares carried would be a set of bulbs for the front lights and a coil which was permanently fixed alonmgside the normal coil so connections could be changed quickly.

27 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Well it seems the 'electricary' in my Duster has had to be replaced. After a week of searching some black box was found to require replacing, good thing is it is under warranty.

Big problem with these things is that if a connection is only non functioning on occasion it is very difficult to tie down and these are so many such connections in modern cars these days. Back in my rallying days the only electrical spares carried would be a set of bulbs for the front lights and a coil which was permanently fixed alonmgside the normal coil so connections could be changed quickly.

In my rallying days my spares included points and a condensor as i seemed to eat them up. The other things were the obligitory WD40 and lots of black nasty. The Armys version of gaffer tape.

Always fitted new points and condenser before each rally, they where not expensive so saved any embarrasment.  Remember rolling the Mini on Abergwesyn, well flipped really because no damage to the body at all. Landed hard and bent the rear sub frame and drove the car all the way back to Rugby albeit looking partially out of the drivers door window as the car had a serious'crab'' with the rear wheels wanting to go different ways to the front.

• 3 months later...

Just 5000 miles on the clock now. When the temp is minus it uses more fuel and I'm around the 35-37 mark. Rest of the time it's giving me 40+ even on Sheffields hills and congested traffic light strewn city.

To be off road it needs a more aggressive tyre but that would hurt mpg. 

A lot of torque is produced and its easy to wheel spin setting off on loose gravel or steep hills. A lighter foot is needed in so many occasions when if it was say a Landy you'd need a heaver foot.

I have the AWD version and I regularly go on farm track and into fields and not been stuck yet even in the gloopy stuff.

I put on Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres - brilliant.

Up and down hills I get early 50's, 48 ish if I push it.

Longer cruise runs I usually get top 50's and occasional 60 odd. 

I typically just leave it in Normal mode, occasional Sport if I need to overtake quickly