Alpkit--Brukit

billytheghillie

Was out today looking to shoot pigeons but no such luck. I took my Brukit with me and within 2 mins 23 secs had a lovely piping hot cup of coffee. To be honest i had forgotten i had this great little stove. Anybody who is sick of tepid tea/coffee out a thermos should seriously consider one of these, at £50 its a great buy and now permanently lives in boot of the car. Just google Alpkit and the info is there :good:

40 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Was out today looking to shoot pigeons but no such luck. I took my Brukit with me and within 2 mins 23 secs had a lovely piping hot cup of coffee. To be honest i had forgotten i had this great little stove. Anybody who is sick of tepid tea/coffee out a thermos should seriously consider one of these, at £50 its a great buy and now permanently lives in boot of the car. Just google Alpkit and the info is there :good:

Second best on the market and definitely the best value one! I have the MSR Windburner. It's better than the Alpkit, no question, particularly at keeping a flame even in very windy conditions - but it costs a bomb. Is it more than twice as good as the Alpkit to justify the £125? No chance! 

If I needed another, I'd go for the Alpkit over any of the others, including the Jetboils.

Edited by chrisjpainter

Coleman  stove for me .

Basically the same idea  but I prefer this as the gas bottle is on a lead to the side making it more stable  

Screenshot_20211104-180056_Gallery.jpg

I also like my hobo stove  it's light and simple and I can burn twigs on it also  .

Gonna replace the aluminium  pot with a titanium cup when funds allow .

I use these when back packing  

Screenshot_20211104-180343_Gallery.jpg

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Another vote for the Kelly Kettle.  :good:

Yes but can you make good proper coffee in it , not that pathetic instant garbage.

I remember being high up in the Wyoming Rockeis and our self appointed Chef for the hunting trip had forgotten the filter in the top of the perculator. An Aussie Dr who was hunting with us just threw a large handful of coarse ground coffee in the pot and poured on boiling water. "There you go, it'll do your guts good",  he said and it was fantastic coffee.

I have seen those Kelly Kettles but never tried one, always have drained my flask of strength 6 before it goes tepid.

For me it's the Trangia cook set, Can't fault it, Runs on de-natured alcohol, Meths or gel fuel.  It's near bulletproof, goes anywhere and cheap to run.

Anything wears out or gets misplaced is replaceable, so no need to purchase the whole system again.😁  

stove2.JPG

stove1.JPG

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Coleman  stove for me .

Basically the same idea  but I prefer this as the gas bottle is on a lead to the side making it more stable  

Screenshot_20211104-180056_Gallery.jpg

I also like my hobo stove  it's light and simple and I can burn twigs on it also  .

Gonna replace the aluminium  pot with a titanium cup when funds allow .

I use these when back packing  

Screenshot_20211104-180343_Gallery.jpg

Now if that was a genuine 44 pattern mug it would be worth between £80 and £100 used. 

I just donated a brand new one with alloy bottle and pouch to a private Airborne museum. After accepting they valued it and offered it back due to high value. It seemed mean to take it back so I left it. Still have an old used one somewhere and a hexy burner.

The hexy burner used to fit in a small pocket at the back of the 44 patt pouch. 

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yes but can you make good proper coffee in it , not that pathetic instant garbage.

I remember being high up in the Wyoming Rockeis and our self appointed Chef for the hunting trip had forgotten the filter in the top of the perculator. An Aussie Dr who was hunting with us just threw a large handful of coarse ground coffee in the pot and poured on boiling water. "There you go, it'll do your guts good",  he said and it was fantastic coffee.

I have seen those Kelly Kettles but never tried one, always have drained my flask of strength 6 before it goes tepid.

Yes I can, if I take the cafetiere along with me, it only provides the hot water and heat source to heat more water above the chimney on the rack I have.  :cool1:

I have always found the Kelly Kettle base with a grill over it is far too close to the heat.

Consequently I cook over the chimney which provides more hot water and is further away from the fire..

Only other addition was a whistled stopper, to make me aware of the boiling water and to keep the bits out.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have always found the Kelly Kettle base with a grill over it is far too close to the heat.

Consequently I cook over the chimney which provides more hot water and is further away from the fire..

Only other addition was a whistled stopper, to make me aware of the boiling water and to keep the bits out.

I thought they went pop when ready:lol:

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Mine came with a whistling stopper/cover when I bought it from knebworth country fair some years ago. Like yourself if cooking I use the pan on top of the chimney. I was thinking of getting something similar to jetboil for when out fowling.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:
18 hours ago, Walker570 said:

When I am out fishing I like a fresh ground coffee, I have tried several methods and the "hands down" winner for me is the Aero Press. Simply grind some coffee beans into a Tupperware container and make up a "brew kit" (sugar/sweetener, milk/cream etc.etc.) to take with you.

When it's time for a break, use the stove of your choice to heat some water and use the Aero Press. 

Coffee.JPG

I use a Coleman mixed fuel stove which runs on unleaded or for a slightly cleaner burn the Coleman liquid fuel, a small compact stove that boils water very quickly. I managed to get a pouch for it from amazon.

Also in the truck is one of those campingaz gas stoves handy bit of kit for the truck and does the job well and comes in it own case.

11 hours ago, powler said:

I use a Coleman mixed fuel stove which runs on unleaded or for a slightly cleaner burn the Coleman liquid fuel, a small compact stove that boils water very quickly. I managed to get a pouch for it from amazon.

Also in the truck is one of those campingaz gas stoves handy bit of kit for the truck and does the job well and comes in it own case.

Yep ditto, use in my truck also.