David Fuller

The Heron

Yes a shocking event. Followed it on news. A terrible creature and a good example why I would re introduce capital punishment.

However for all these vile revelations the bit that i cant agree with is calling all these dead , victims. Quite honestly if I had lost a loved one ,then the last thing I would want to know is if this creature had desecrated her body.  Being cold and callous,  they had left this world , they were not victims and if it was a relative of mine I really would not want to know. But that's me and that's my opinion, I accept others may think differently. This is a shocking g incident and people will feel different.

However having said that, totally sickening news

I am not sure that capitol punishment should be re-introduced generally, unless the circumstances are absolutely clear cut.

If it was up to me, this guy would serve a term in the likes of Broadmoor and if ever he was to be considered for release, it would be on the condition that he was chemically castrated,  thereby removing his particular incentive to re offend. 

24 minutes ago, Tonka54 said:

I am not sure that capitol punishment should be re-introduced generally, unless the circumstances are absolutely clear cut.

If it was up to me, this guy would serve a term in the likes of Broadmoor and if ever he was to be considered for release, it would be on the condition that he was chemically castrated,  thereby removing his particular incentive to re offend. 

I’m of the opinion why take the risk?
There are far too many convicted murderers in general circulation, who should either be dead or at the very least imprisoned for life, and no consequences for those who decide it would be a good idea to release them. 

Release for convicted murderers just simply isn’t something we should even consider, and I can’t think why it is tolerated. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I’m of the opinion why take the risk?
There are far too many convicted murderers in general circulation, who should either be dead or at the very least imprisoned for life, and no consequences for those who decide it would be a good idea to release them. 

Release for convicted murderers just simply isn’t something we should even consider, and I can’t think why it is tolerated. 

I could not agree more with your comments BTB / Scully, I also wish we could just put (1st degree murderers) and rapists for that matter, behind bars for the rest of their naturals.

Truth be told though, the country just does not have the funding or capacity to accomplish this, we all know it costs a fortune to keep offenders incarcerated and even if we could afford it, we simply do not have prison space or sufficient staff to cope. Indeed some of the UK's biggest correctional facilities are already being run at well over capacity. Like it or not, we have to find a different alternative to permanent imprisonment.

The argument for the return of the death penalty is again a valid solution, and indeed, a certain deterrent to most "would be" Murderers, and I totally understand why a large percentage of the population would welcome it. For me personally though, it's fraught with danger, mistakes can, and often have, been made before.

Imagining a scenario were I happened to be a jury member who, based on evidence available at the time,  helped send a person to their death, only after the fact to discover through fresh evidence that they were innocent in some way. I can't speak for everyone but personally, this would end me.       

Bit of a derail, but reading about Japan where capital punishment exists [hanging] the prisoners aren't told until the day of execution, this has prompted court cases against the government for cruelty... I really struggle with execution as a deterrent, better in my opinion is to leave them to rot

On the farm I do most of the humane dispatch and it does not cost me one wink of sleep, it is performing a humane action rather than letting animals suffer. I personally cannot think of any worse sentence than rotting in prison. I would happily be the dispatcher of these animals though. The public have never been allowed a referendum on capital punishment yet we live in a supposed democracy, it is time folk are allowed to have their say.

4 hours ago, islandgun said:

Bit of a derail, but reading about Japan where capital punishment exists [hanging] the prisoners aren't told until the day of execution, this has prompted court cases against the government for cruelty... I really struggle with execution as a deterrent, better in my opinion is to leave them to rot

He would rot a lot quicker if he was Dead! he is of no use to anyone and should be dispatched for the heinous crimes he as committed .IMHO.

Edited by derbyduck

1 hour ago, spandit said:

Not the best way for my local town to be on the map...

My elderly parents have both been seriously ill there, also my eldest was rushed there on NYE back in 2012 and we were prepared for the worst when he was only six months old. 

He pulled through and his brother was born there a couple of years later.

I did some of the aerial photography flying for the site’s development and hold the place with some affection.

Im horrified by what has occurred there.

There really are some sick saddo’s out there that unfortunately, Society isn’t able to deal with effectively. 

On 05/11/2021 at 20:07, Tonka54 said:

I could not agree more with your comments BTB / Scully, I also wish we could just put (1st degree murderers) and rapists for that matter, behind bars for the rest of their naturals.

Truth be told though, the country just does not have the funding or capacity to accomplish this, we all know it costs a fortune to keep offenders incarcerated and even if we could afford it, we simply do not have prison space or sufficient staff to cope. Indeed some of the UK's biggest correctional facilities are already being run at well over capacity. Like it or not, we have to find a different alternative to permanent imprisonment.

The argument for the return of the death penalty is again a valid solution, and indeed, a certain deterrent to most "would be" Murderers, and I totally understand why a large percentage of the population would welcome it. For me personally though, it's fraught with danger, mistakes can, and often have, been made before.

Imagining a scenario were I happened to be a jury member who, based on evidence available at the time,  helped send a person to their death, only after the fact to discover through fresh evidence that they were innocent in some way. I can't speak for everyone but personally, this would end me.       

Is there any doubt that he’s guilty?