new laptop battery.

Cranfield

My HP laptop needs a new battery and I can't buy one direct from HP.
I have all the spec details and part number, does anyone have good experience of a supplier of laptop batteries ?

Googling around there are loads, plus eBay, but the reviews are terrible.
99% seem to be scammers based in China, but pretending to be in the UK.

Thanks a lot, it never occurred to me to try Duracell (they never came up on the Google search).
I have now located the correct item and placed the order.

On a side issue, the other internet options had dramatically varying feedback, from 0 to 5 with nothing much in between.
All the good feedback was almost "cut and paste", there were also comments that the 5star feedback is not genuine.

What a minefield.

I work in IT and my site trust my opinion of what to buy. I’ve seen some really great looking fake batteries (or rather poorly manufactured/connected cells with non genuine branding) that work for a short period but often don’t have the life advertised. 

I always go to HP partsurfer first to get genuine. If I can’t then yes Duracell is typically twice as much. But then I buy branded AA over non-branded. 

On my work laptops that cost £1500 new, £60-70 is the least I can do to ensure there’s no under/over voltage and it was made in a good factory. 

I am sure plenty of batteries are great off of the bay. I’ve been stung with very good torches and batteries that look genuine that ultimately fail when I needed them most. I just don’t risk it anymore. 

I wonder who would shoot imported unbranded 12ga carts. Maybe many here would, I wouldn’t. I’d only buy from a shop I trusted, alongside a brand I either knew or had researched well. Same for some plastic containing acid for me.