Armsan a612 black, do they rust?

flippermaj

59 minutes ago, flippermaj said:

I was thinking of getting a black synthetic Armsan a612 semi but am concerned that the black barrel will rust as I Wildfowl a lot.   Does anyone have any feedback on how they hold up against the elements?

I think all guns would rust out on the salt marshes if not properly cleaned and oiled Keep it clean should be alright 

2 hours ago, flippermaj said:

I was thinking of getting a black synthetic Armsan a612 semi but am concerned that the black barrel will rust as I Wildfowl a lot.   Does anyone have any feedback on how they hold up against the elements?

My 20ga has done a lot on the Foreshore for a few years including getting covered in mud no problems whatsoever 👍

29 minutes ago, flippermaj said:

Nice to hear from you 6.5x55SE, hope your season is going well.

Thanks to all for the replies, I will purchase!

Hi Mark added a few to the total this evening Pinks are slow building up this season so far and certainly giving me the run around along with some very bad luck only this morning unslipping the gun quickly trying to load it i dropped both cartridges as 10-12 Pinks swept over my head 15 yards high 😤 very early start again tomorrow seeking revenge 🤞 hope you are having better luck

Interesting as my season is pretty much the same.  Doing well on the ducks for a change but Pink numbers are variable up here at the moment and while last year I couldn't get away from the geese, where ever I went there were geese over me like I was some goose magnet, this year they have been giving me the run around.  Like you I had a farce of a flight Wed morning, just getting into position and a single came over at ok height, gun still in slip.  Geese then flighted all around me but not over me so the old brain battle of should I move or not started and despite my years at it and knowing better and that it's **** law that if you move  5 mins latter a skein will  go over your old spot at 20 yards up!   So no shots and it's not looking good so I am glasssing the mud to see what geese are left out there  and silently from no where I catch a dozen pinks 20 yards up just passing over me while I am glassing the mud, some cursing there.  A blank again!

My time will come!

Cheers