Bioammo blue

I shot some bioamma blue today, 27g 5s. These are an alloy of aluminium, zinc, tin and bismuth. They are supposed to have similar density of steel but be closer to lead in softness, so can go though tighter choked guns. It's too early to judge yet, but I did kill some birds. One thing I noticed was recoil. In my 26" BLE these felt very snappy and seemed to recoil more than a heavier lead cartridge. 

Would be interested to see what others have found. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/11/2021 at 00:02, Old farrier said:

Found the same as you did sadly 

I was hopeful about this product but alas it is to punchy for me and the others that tried them 

it does pattern fairly well although I only tried it through cylinder and 1/4 

wad isn’t really suitable for land with livestock as it takes a long time to break down in my opinion 

From what I've found in their patents, the wad and case are made from polylactic acid and some inorganic binders - if livestock eat it their stomach acids and enzymes would break it down into lactic acid and some salts. 

Fibre wads are full of bitumen, which is full of carcinogens, and livestock will almost certainly eat some by mistake, doesn't seem to cause much issue either. 

33 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

From what I've found in their patents, the wad and case are made from polylactic acid and some inorganic binders - if livestock eat it their stomach acids and enzymes would break it down into lactic acid and some salts. 

Fibre wads are full of bitumen, which is full of carcinogens, and livestock will almost certainly eat some by mistake, doesn't seem to cause much issue either. 

I’m sure you are right and it’s a step closer to the cartridges for game shooting that will be needed in the future 

however it’s convincing the farmers that will be the problem