Azeem Rafiq

holloway

quote from one of the many BBC sport articles referring to this saga:

"Even if gestures like taking the knee and 'moments of unity' are well-intended, change in English cricket will only be felt when the national teams present a fair reflection of society."

that could be interpreted  as the BBC are requesting a reduction in asian/ black players in the England team, as they combined represent just +/- 10% of the UK population, and England normally field at least two non white players.  I hate to think how the England football team would perform if they just had one none white player on the pitch. The whole thing is just ridiculous. 

and Kevin,  looks like the BBC are gunning for the entire England dressing room now.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, redial said:

How long before Taffy, Jock, Kiwi and all the associated banter around those are being interviewed at the Commons.

Sadly it already is ,if such names as Taffy Jock even boyo are used in an aggressive or derogatory context in a court of law you could be deemed guilty of race hate crimes,

I took the time to look at some of the terms I have used in the past to see if I needed to educate myself ,this is clearly why some people consider it as only banter .

The cases I read about needed court action to prove aggressive or derogatory context and to be fair was used during assault and disturbance cases.Its a mine field  ,The Yorkshire case I don’t think has got anywhere near a court.

I can honestly say I was completely unaware that using  Kevin or Steven were racist terms ,perhaps i need to get out more.

Much as I deplore any racism, why is this dominating the headlines? There are a number who have said they were humiliated and the odd one felt suicidal. That was totally wrong and steps need to be taken to stop it happening again.

Why is there no Parliamentary inquiry about Grooming Gangs, which I consider to be more harmful to someone's wellbeing?

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

Much as I deplore any racism, why is this dominating the headlines? There are a number who have said they were humiliated and the odd one felt suicidal. That was totally wrong and steps need to be taken to stop it happening again.

Why is there no Parliamentary inquiry about Grooming Gangs, which I consider to be more harmful to someone's wellbeing?

Very good points gordon

33 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Because it’s media driven like the fuel saga I completely agree with you 

10 minutes ago, holloway said:

How deeply embarrassed he must feel, there seems to be double standards at play here.

I sincerely hope that the media channels give this little revelation as much coverage as they have his own racist experience in the interest of fairness.But I somewhat doubt it.

It just exposes the hypocrisy of the system in relation to diversity legislation in this country. Bullying is wrong no matter what colour you are and there can sometimes be a very fine line between banter and nastiness, but part of this countrys culture is made up of male bonding through taking the mickey, we all experienced it at some point and we've all probably experienced someone taking it too far sometimes. The sad difference is, if you have a protected characteristic and particularly depending which one in the game of diversity top trumps, has a huge effect of what happens if you were to complain about it, which can only cause devision based along those same characteristics. I find it very sad, there are very few racist people in this country and yet we are tearing our society apart and segregating ourselves over a problem that doesn't exist. I hope the people who have designed and are driving this reflect on what they've actually achieved. 

That said I'm sure the likes of cherie Blair won't have any regrets after the money she's made of the back of our ridiculous legislation her husband forced on this country. 

7 minutes ago, holloway said:

How deeply embarrassed he must feel, there seems to be double standards at play here.

I believe he is a Muslim, and there is (of course) very public history between Muslims and Jews. 

It's no excuse, but many young Muslims have sympathies with Muslim causes (Palestine etc.) which are in 'conflict' with Israel.  No excuse, but there is an 'explanation'.

18 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I find it very sad, there are very few racist people in this country and yet we are tearing our society apart and segregating ourselves over a problem that doesn't exist.

And there you have it in a nutshell; attitudes have changed and what was 'normal' in past times is now unacceptable.  Look back - yes - bad things have happened.  Is there a big problem now?  I think not, but there are some isolated problems that do need attention - on ALL sides.

You look at the clothes, the hair and the comedy of 10, 20 and 30 years ago and it’s easy to see how society and views have moved on. 

Everyone will at some point have said something historically which is now unacceptable, and instead of everyone wetting the bed and having a parliamentary select committee moment they should just watch some old episodes of Jim Davidson, enjoy the nostalgia and at all times remember what sticks and stones do.

Nice to see someone crying racism being casually anti-Semitic - puts it all nicely into context really albeit standby for the left leaning media to be totally fine about the anti-semitism 😆

Edited by Mungler

10 hours ago, Mungler said:

You look at the clothes, the hair and the comedy of 10, 20 and 30 years ago and it’s easy to see how society and views have moved on. 

Everyone will at some point have said something historically which is now unacceptable, and instead of everyone wetting the bed and having a parliamentary select committee moment they should just watch some old episodes of Jim Davidson, enjoy the nostalgia and at all times remember what sticks and stones do.

Nice to see someone crying racism being casually anti-Semitic - puts it all nicely into context really albeit standby for the left leaning media to be totally fine about the anti-semitism 😆

Crocodile tears 😢?

Screenshot_20211119-180512_Samsung Internet.jpg