Belarus migrants

Rewulf

Does anyone else find it amusing at how horrified Poland (and the Baltic states) are , at an influx of 3rd world migrants from Belarus ?

With the EU , who dont normally have a problem with 3rd world migrants, 'blaming' the Belarus government and  military for facilitating the 'invasion' and 12 000 Polish troops mobilised at the border to keep them out !
What happened to helping out these 'refugees' from war torn lands, or is it a case of Not In My Back Yard ?

Belarus , a relatively poor nation by western standards, and not an EU member, isnt exactly the preferred destination for the more discerning young male fleeing war , pestilence, and arrest warrants, to be fair , neither is Poland or the Baltic states , who have low tolerance for the cultural 'peculiarities' of the Middle East.
But , they are EU countries, and once there , the world can be your oyster...

The fact that the EU are crying wolf , and complaining of being 'set up' , is actually quite funny , when , on a daily basis , they move , or allow to move, countless thousands of similar young males between countries, many of them (literally) find their way to these shores ?
Why dont they stop them coming from Turkey, Libya, where are the troops there ?

They dont seem to like it up em 😏

12 hours ago, TRINITY said:

They will be welcomed with open arms by many in the UK. 

They might well be, but the real question here is , how did they get to Belarus ?

Mostly Middle Eastern, but there are some Africans among them, they have somehow ended up in a land locked country with Ukraine to the south, and Russia to the east.
Did they lose their way in Turkey, did Belarus fly them in to use them in Hybrid warfare against the EU (as many are reporting) ?

Possible scenarios.

They landed in Ukraine from Turkey via the Black sea, Ukraine moved them on to Belarus, Belarus moved them on to EU?
So Ukraine is as guilty as Belarus? The difference is Ukraine is EU friendly , Belarus is not, so its Belarus's fault , and by extension Putins, as he is Belarus friendly = Result !

They came from Russia, into Belarus , to try for the EU ?
A highly unlikely prospect, why on earth would they do that, both countries are just as likely to throw them out , and their populace are pretty unfriendly to foreigners.
Its also a massive detour.

Anyone else think of any way , several thousand migrants ended up in Belarus, which has no social state as such , and has a 98% white Christian populace that doesnt exactly welcome bedraggled foreigners from Muslim states ?

There it is , a direct accusation from the EU , that Belarus is 'bringing migrants in to Belarus'  to 'push them' towards the EU borders.

This makes no sense, the migrants come anyway, the EU normally lets them in, anyway, why does Belarus need to push them toward Poland ect ?

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

"...one claimed..."

Must be true then, or just daily fail gammon baiting?

Which is why I opened the sentence with "It is claimed......" 

But we have a reputation of the being "the land of milk and honey" where you can get free legal assistance with asylum claims, free hotel accommodation, free 'pocket money' and no one gets rejected. 

It may not all be true ........ but that's the story they are fed, and we don't 'eject' many (any?)

The 'rules' are clear - they must claim asylum in the first country they enter - but like so many EU things - the rules are applied only when it suits.

I for one will put my cards on the table very clearly;    I don't want them turning up here.

Notwithstanding all of the above I think they just might just end up here? Maybe? ? ?

My latest thought is to employ our new aircraft carrier to fetch them over in one go?

Possible savings to be made on pollution from outboards? Safer for the travellers?

Finally a real use for the big boat? ? ?

What a mess our politicos love encouraging? Shame on them?

11 minutes ago, henry d said:

No. They. Don't!

"To avoid abuses, European law, the Dublin Regulation, requires that asylum seekers have their asylum claim registered in the first country they arrive in,[6] and that the decision of the first EU country they apply in is the final decision in all EU countries."

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Using bacon as a lure. Works for me….one sniff of frying bacon and I’m there! 👍

Ooh, you are awful., but I  like you. Get behind me SATAN. Frying bacon. Ooh and there was me being good. Not thinking about some sort of fry up.

Still perhaps ole Greta thunberg will go down there and rip into them for burning down all that forestry and creating more global warming. Just think of that bacon frying over an open fire.  😊😊😊

Edit.  I did notice that all of the tents look the same regulation issue.  And that being next to fires with all that burning ash falling on them will be like colanders when it rains.  Been there, done that.! And with a polish / Russian winter just round the corner, god help them. There for the grace of god go we.

Edited by Minky

21 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Repeating the same thing doesn't answer my question. I think your struggling. 

You surprised Henry is ignoring your posts? You started with an insult calling him smug and then persist to try and bait him in to an argument with your fixed view on the topic.

A bit of understanding that not everyone thinks the same might go a long way….

5 minutes ago, djrwood said:

You surprised Henry is ignoring your posts? You started with an insult calling him smug and then persist to try and bait him in to an argument with your fixed view on the topic.

A bit of understanding that not everyone thinks the same might go a long way….

He has to have one of the most fixed minds and rudest member on here, I'm happy to have a debate with anyone and certainly don't mind different points of view, within reason. 

I'm not baiting him into any argument, he likes to make smug remarks to people and then won't get further into a debate as it might show him up. 

Maybe you should read through some of the rude comments he's made to many members on this forum before sticking your neck out for him. 

Edited by 12gauge82

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

He has to have one of the most fixed minds and rudest member on here, I'm happy to have a debate with anyone and certainly don't mind different points of view, within reason. 

I'm not baiting him into any argument, he likes to make smug remarks to people and then won't get further into a debate as it might show him up. 

Maybe you should read through some of the rude comments he's made to many members on this forum before sticking your neck out for him. 

Fair enough, I just called it as I see it on this thread. I had assumed there was some history there, but I’m a relaxed visitor of PW so not fully aware of what else has gone on. I don’t know Henry any more than I know you!

All I would say is if you was in a personal environment in a group setting where someone you don’t agree with continually behaved in the way you believe Henry behaves, would you repeatedly try to engage/argue your point or would you not get to the point of ignore?

I think the former option is where you are at in this thread, which to me just sours the threads and reduces interaction with other members which isn’t great for the forum. Although reading a good spat every now and again is often entertaining for everyone else other than those having it!