Poor woman victim of animal mob

WalkedUp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10181911/amp/Huntswoman-caught-kicking-horse-goes-hiding-death-threats.html

The fluffy bunny brigade strike again. It is a horse for christ’s sake, not new born kitten. These are big, strong animals that play tough. Where do those horrified people think their meat comes from, the meat fairy? This sort of pointless, bullying harassment of anyone involved in fieldsports will continue.

Why don’t the RSPCA spend their time prosecuting old grannies who have over fed their morbidly obese dogs instead of harassing a poor woman during an already stressful period. Blood sucking leaches and publicity whores. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her behaviour in the video isn't great is it ? She has given them all they need to get stuck into her  ,she can't defend herself or justify her actions ,I am no fan of the RSPCA but that's an easy prosecution.what an awful example to anyone of a caring horse owner .

If I was caught doing that in my profession I would be struck off , and would deserve it .

38 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Why would you kick a horse and slap it in the face?

because the idiot  does not  understand or work with animals  on a daily basis  as farmers does          quiet and  calm  what caused them to do that      me        i  pulled a bloke off a horse for whipping the **** out of it when it seen a car     it seen a car a whipping was coming        i whipped him   the next time you see a car whip yourself  not the horse  you undesirable     i cant call him or ill be banned  

It's not pretty though is it?  And to do that when you're being filmed by sabs is just.... well, fill in the blanks.

I'd like to bet that whoever filmed that has edited out the preceding scenes.  I'm guessing the horse might have got loose and was being chastised before being put back in the trailer?  I'm not a horsey person so I don't know what's the done thing, what's the norm or where the line is drawn regarding physical chastisement of a horse.  It still doesn't make for attractive viewing though.  Things like this are such easy ammunition to get twisted around into a weapon for the antis to use against their enemies.

9 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

It's not pretty though is it?  And to do that when you're being filmed by sabs is just.... well, fill in the blanks.

I'd like to bet that whoever filmed that has edited out the preceding scenes.  I'm guessing the horse might have got loose and was being chastised before being put back in the trailer?  I'm not a horsey person so I don't know what's the done thing, what's the norm or where the line is drawn regarding physical chastisement of a horse.  It still doesn't make for attractive viewing though.  Things like this are such easy ammunition to get twisted around into a weapon for the antis to use against their enemies.

Agree with this

3 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

Jim a horse is an animal same as your dog she is out of order full stop ,if you saw someone kicking or punching there Lab at a shoot something would be said.

Walkedup it's a big strong animal that plays tough .....really ........so it deserves kicking and punching  really .......,it's a small grey pony for Christ sake not a flaming lion !!!  Poor pony I say not poor woman .

My teachers did worse than that to me without getting suspended, a sign of the times I guess.

She must be a bit of an idiot to do that when being filmed or not. The horse is never going to improve as a result of being slapped in the face, completely the opposite is more likely. Being kicked isn't so much of an issue as it is what horses do, doesn't show her in a good light though.

No that's shoddy horsemanship. I don't think it's her horse - possibly her child's? She takes the reins off what looks like a pretty young rider. No excuses. Any rider worth their salt would be livid if they'd seen that going on to a horse. If it doesn't box well, find a solution without beating it into submission. Cruel and a sure fire way to ruin a horse.

1 hour ago, Jim Neal said:

This ain't even close to the done thing. My partner teaches boxing to both riders and horses, there's a knack to it and some horses need more convincing than others, but there is a myriad of things that can be done to make this treatment unnecessary. It's about as bad a situation to try and box a difficult horse as it's possible to get and none of it's the fault of the horse. 

Edited by chrisjpainter

7 hours ago, holloway said:

Walkedup it's a big strong animal that plays tough .....really ........so it deserves kicking and punching  really .......,it's a small grey pony for Christ sake not a flaming lion !!!  Poor pony I say not poor woman .

Fair enough, maybe I am blinded as she’s a pretty woman. 

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's about as bad a situation to try and box a difficult horse as it's possible to get and none of it's the fault of the horse. 

I can completely imagine how someone can briefly lose their temper in a situation surrounded by baying antis. 

7 hours ago, 39TDS said:

My teachers did worse than that to me without getting suspended, a sign of the times I guess.

She must be a bit of an idiot to do that when being filmed or not. The horse is never going to improve as a result of being slapped in the face, completely the opposite is more likely. Being kicked isn't so much of an issue as it is what horses do, doesn't show her in a good light though.

I completely agree with this ^

But nonetheless it is interesting to learn how the proper horse people on here read the situation. Personally I could ride a horse up to a meat grinder and eat the burger that came out the other side, I have no attachment to them at all. But if physical chastisement does not aide the situation then it is just needless. 

Edited by WalkedUp

9 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10181911/amp/Huntswoman-caught-kicking-horse-goes-hiding-death-threats.html

The fluffy bunny brigade strike again. It is a horse for christ’s sake, not new born kitten. These are big, strong animals that play tough. Where do those horrified people think their meat comes from, the meat fairy? This sort of pointless, bullying harassment of anyone involved in fieldsports will continue.

Why don’t the RSPCA spend their time prosecuting old grannies who have over fed their morbidly obese dogs instead of harassing a poor woman during an already stressful period. Blood sucking leaches and publicity whores. 

Funny we were only on another thread discussing the hunts the other day and this is the second article that makes my point in as many weeks. 

That is no way to treat any animal, nore is it a way to train one. Its simply a person who has lost control and taking it out on the horse and she deserves the negative attention, minus the threats from equally idiotic antis of course. 

17 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I have seen dog owners do the same on shoot day and probably most on here have as well as long as its not overly done 

as been said in front of the sabs is not good 

And what exactly are those owners trying to achieve? 

If I saw anyone treating a dog like that I'd intervene. 

37 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Personally I could ride a horse up to a meat grinder and eat the burger that came out the other side, I have no attachment to them at all. 

😂 This. Huge lumps of muscle with the strength of twenty and the intelligence of a broad bean terrified by a crisp packet blowing about in a hedgerow! Shouldn’t be allowed out! 
She couldn’t have picked a worse time to lose it really, could she! 🙂

24 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Funny we were only on another thread discussing the hunts the other day and this is the second article that makes my point in as many weeks. 

That is no way to treat any animal, nore is it a way to train one. Its simply a person who has lost control and taking it out on the horse and she deserves the negative attention, minus the threats from equally idiotic antis of course. 

And what exactly are those owners trying to achieve? 

If I saw anyone treating a dog like that I'd intervene. 

i don't know if you have children but i remember as a child if i did something wrong my mother would give me a slap no difference in my mind as i as long as its not  overdone 

and as scully said the size of that animal it is like a flea bite are you sure you are a shooter don't you injure animals in the process of your sport as i said she did it infront of others that was her mistake 

Edited by Rim Fire

1 minute ago, Rim Fire said:

i don't know if you have children but i remember as a child if i did something wrong my mother would give me a slap no difference in my mind as i as long as its not  overdone 

and as scully said the size of that animal it is like a flea bite are you sure you are a shooter don't you injure animals in the process of your sport as i said she did it infront of others that was he mistake 

It's not the same, that's not training an animal, it's simply a loss of control which would also be wrong if a parent smacks their child simply because they lost their temper. 

Are you sure your a shooter? Do you intentionally hurt or frighten your quarry before you shoot it? 

What an absolute fuss over nothing!

A small horse refuses to get in the horse box and a woman tells it off with a gentle kick and some slaps to its nose.

Unfortunately the antis were filming it and with nothing more damning to publish they resort to this weak effort.

I do hope the Police are not involved.

There are precious few of them as it is and with dealing with the ever increasing "hate crimes" they really should NOT get involved in this MINOR event!

14 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's not the same, that's not training an animal, it's simply a loss of control which would also be wrong if a parent smacks their child simply because they lost their temper. 

Are you sure your a shooter? Do you intentionally hurt or frighten your quarry before you shoot it? 

i have intentionally  frightened a fox or a deer i have shot in front of it to scare it my way i think some on here haven't got a clue when it comes to the real world of shooting

There are some on here will know exactly what i mean 

Edited by Rim Fire

4 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

some on here haven't got a clue when it comes to the real world of shooting

And thankfully a very small minority of some on here obviously have no clue how to treat or train animals. 

I'm just glad they're not ambassadors of my sport because if their views were made public, shooting would be banned overnight. 

37 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

i remember as a child if i did something wrong my mother would give me a slap no difference in my mind as i as long as its not  overdone 

Exactly. People who are saying this woman shouldn’t teach have gone mad. I’d happily let her teach my three boys. 

A long read but the context for me of teachers.... I’ve mentioned my mother was a teacher, she was born one of 13 children on the Bluebell Estate in Huyton. Her father was a huge ex-RMP and docker, her mother died from complications of a historic shrapnel wound sustained during the Blitz.  My 5’3” mother was the first of her family to go to university, in Manchester, and paid her way working as a barmaid in the rough pubs that are now swanky winebars. 

There is a legend her friends tell about her first week as a newly qualified English teacher in Cantrell Farm: late 1970s and introducing herself to her final year class for the first time, Jimmy the ‘cock of the year’ heard the ‘posh’ mid-Lancashire accent she had picked up. He swayed back on his chair, lifted his boots on the desk and lit a fag, grinning at the dainty young lady. My mother never looked at him and carried on speaking to the class whilst walking quietly between the tables towards the back row. As she walked past Jimmy, 6ft and cocky, he looked up at her as without a word, she put the back of her hand through his face knocking him clean off his seat and onto the floor. Ashen faced Jimmy bleated out “you hit me, you hit me”, still standing over him she turned to the rest of the class and not a soul would say they saw her knock him to the floor. She told Jimmy to get on his seat and take better care not to make a habit of falling off it again. From that day she never had an issue with ill-discipline although she did soften towards the end of her career.  

Edited by WalkedUp